My budget is around $1400AUD and i'm after a guitar thats bluesy and warm, yet not a les paul. My only reason for not wanting a les paul is that i wouldnt want a les paul unless its gibson, not sure why its just me.

Although at the same time i want it to have a really chunky bridge pick up with a fair bit of low end for thick metal sounds.

i've played an rg1570 prestige and thought it was one of the nicest guitars i've ever played, although i want a string thru guitar like a shecter hellraiser. Only because i want to change tunings than be stuck with one.

I'd rather not have EMG's because like i said i want a nice bluesy tone that sounds good clean, yet bighty and thick at the bridge

I'd rather a HH config although i'm not fussed.

I like playing Queens of the Stone Age (c standard), Metallica, Bluesy stuff, and led zeppeliny type music mainly. My amp is an orange tiny terror as my sig says

Thanks for any and all help.

P.S I love santana's tone and would like a guitar to be heavy, not light like basswood or something
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Last edited by oatley at Feb 28, 2009,
Schecter C-1 classic sounds like it would work pretty well.That or some mahogany bodied guitar with a pair of medium output pups,or maybe a strat.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Why dont you just save like 200 more dollars and get a Gibson Les Paul Studio?? I did the conversion to AUD and i think its about that much more, but i could be wrong.
Maybe some sort of hollowbody?
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
I think the ESP Tele model would be good. I haven't seen one in ages, but if you could find one and put a Seymour-Duncan in, you'd be ace as it can handle heavy tones (Devin Townsend from Strapping Young Lad plays one) all the way to warm blues or jazz.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Sg
Why dont you just save like 200 more dollars and get a Gibson Les Paul Studio?? I did the conversion to AUD and i think its about that much more, but i could be wrong.

Was the les paul you looked at in Australia or America?

$1,400 in Australia really doesn't get you as much as in the USA.
Perhaps a HH mexi strat?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Prs
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
what PRS models are cheap enough to fit my budget? i havent't heard of a PRS cheaper than like $2300 in aus. santana endorses PRS i believe?
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Grab a PRS SE, ignore the crap ppl talk about them, theyr exactly like the high ends except for tuners, cosmetics (no carver top/no bird inlays, etc. nothing major still looks great.) and pickups (pickups are still good tho). I'd recommend you get one with double cut (around 1k aus) and upgrade the tuners and possibly pickups with your leftover cash.

Failing that, C-1 classic schecter probably.

Or an Ibanez SZR model, with the string thru fixed bridge and mahogany body, great guitar, HH PUPS, heavy/warm tone.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Mar 1, 2009,
If you like Santana, get one of these

I like his tone before he switched to PRS better, anyway.
Quote by oatley
what PRS models are cheap enough to fit my budget? i havent't heard of a PRS cheaper than like $2300 in aus. santana endorses PRS i believe?

He actually has his own sig model in the SE range.

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/prs/tremontise.html

https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=2035

You should be able to pick one up brand new for way less than your budget.

Or, if you like QoSA what about a Maton?

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/maton/index.htm

Joshe Homme loves them apparently and they're made in Aus.
Yeah sorry, my bad

Looks like the Santana is model is out of the price range sorry.
I'd look at a decent used SG. (the real thing)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x