I've been trying to decide whether to get the Snowball USB microphone, or the AT2020 USB microphone for a while now. I'd be using them for recording mostly guitar amplifiers, acoustic guitar, some vocals, and possibly some full-room, full band recording (though I don't expect anything really decent with just one mic). If anyone has any input on which one to get, or any other microphones good for these purposes, that would help alot. Thanks. D:
I would suggest an interface and a few different mics TBH. might have to save and spend a bit more cash but it will be weel worth it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah, no. I've weighed my options, and I've decided that an interface is too much cash and too much work for what I want to do.
It seems nice for the price, but it only has a cardioid pickup pattern, and no switch to reduce gain, and that worries me a bit.
would you want more than cardioid?

Check that whatever software it comes with doesnt have a gain adjustment before i guess, it should, its the spl that will screw your sound if its too loud.
Quote by doommaker
would you want more than cardioid?

Check that whatever software it comes with doesnt have a gain adjustment before i guess, it should, its the spl that will screw your sound if its too loud.

Well, if I ever use it for crappy-full room recordings, I think an omni-directional setting would be nice.
Quote by Halcyon91
Samson C01U?

I tried this, but the low end was just too loud. Bass notes on my acoustic overtook everything else.