I purchased a Rectifier Half Stack today, and when I got back in the studio it didn't work.

Does anyone have experience with these? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. This is my first non-combo setup. I tried using an instrument cable at very very low volume just to see if it worked, and it didn't. I know I'm supposed to use a speaker cable, but everything is closed at the moment.

I mean, it should still work with an instrument cable, right? The amp powers on, the light is red, all the tubes light up. But nothing, not even humming or anything from the cab.

I opened up the cab to see if the wires are all in place, and they are. What else could the problem be!?
FYI the head is a Triple Rectifier 3 Channel, and the cab is a Rectifier 4x12. And yes, I connected them using the appropriate OHM output / input. All this equipment was purchased brand new through guitar center.
Don't use an instrument cable, you need a speaker cable. Use the proper equipment and see if that doesn't solve your problem.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
hopefully you didn't fry anything trying to use an instrument cable
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I used an instrument cable for a long time on my peavey and it still works perfect, stupid GC said to use the wrong cable but anyway have you tryed taking it out of standbye
is the master volume on your guitar down?
You need a speaker cable. And is your F/X loop send and recieves turned up on the back of the amp.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Mesa's F/X loop is parallel! The send receive levels effect the volume of the amp. The only way to turn off the loop is to hard bypass it in the back. But than you lose your output volume. Only the channel master volumes work. And you lose the solo function. When you bypass the loop
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I highly doubt it would be possible to fry the amp, I never even heard any sound of it, and all the volumes were set ridiculously low, just in case.

I just tried the cab with another amp, and it worked. So I'm starting to think something is up with the amp. I'm going to try it with a legit speaker cable tomorrow, and if that doesn't work, take it back I guess.

I thoroughly read the Mesa manual, and tried all different combinations of settings, even including a dummy effects loop. Never got any sound out of it.
Quote by boxcarmonument
You need a speaker cable. And is your F/X loop send and recieves turned up on the back of the amp.

I know I need one, but are you saying it wouldn't work without one? I find that hard to believe. :/
Quote by Jam3V
I know I need one, but are you saying it wouldn't work without one? I find that hard to believe. :/

It would work with a instrument cable. Eventually you would burn something up. That's all I'm saying
Right. i couldn't even get a peep out of it, though.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll just try to make a swap, and hopefully they don't give me a hard time. Something was fishy to begin with, because the box was damaged, and it was missing the footswitch cable. But I thought these things were supposed to be built really tough.
hm that is no good, most of the time they are very strong but if something burned up or short circuits that could ruin it, return it tell them it was D.O.A. also your welcome man I try, Im just sorry I can't be more help.
They are built tough and Mesas QC is second to none. Maybe something happened in transit. Good luck getting replaced man. Total bummer when your NAD gets shot.
thats too bad you got a lemon, I'm sure they'll let you swap it. I bet the box was mishandled and it was dropped hard, I went for an interview at a Fedex warehouse, and I saw someone just throwing boxes off the truck to the concrete floor. If the amp was dropped then there might be a componet loose inside.
My 5/50 worked in the store and was dead when I got home and plugged it in....go figure. Mesas are usually quite reliable.
Sounds like a fuse. I had a simular problem, everything was lit up and seemed to be working ok but nothing came out. Changed the fuse and bam, sound.

Dont go messin with it, either take it back from where you got it or take it to a repair guy.
^why go to GC in the first place?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

at least try it with a speaker cable before you run to take it back..
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
did you ever turn the amp on while it wasnt connected to the cabinet?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.