B.C. Rich Rich Bich Platinum
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Quote by al112987
nope, mxr blue box.

GRRRR. I'm guessing that's some kind of pedal that i will now have to buy huh?

Any way i can recreate this sound on a VOX Valvetronix 50W without buying anything.

Nice playing on your "cranked" Are you hitting PH's in the beginning?
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD
Last edited by KOL40 at Mar 1, 2009,
I was going to say Blue Box as well.

You win this time, Al... you win this time...

(And likely every other time)
Quote by KOL40
GRRRR. I'm guessing that's some kind of pedal that i will now have to buy huh?

Any way i can recreate this sound on a VOX Valvetronix 50W without buying anything.

Nice playing on your "cranked" Are you hitting PH's in the beginning?

You can actually just put your neck pickup on and roll back the tone a little and use a bit of overdrive, it's really the second part of the solo where Page hits that blue box and it has that weird kind of octave effect.

Yeah, those are pinch harmonics (I take it that that's what you meant by PH?) I'm not very good at making videos, I never know what to play. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of the way the amp sounds in that video. I made the unfortunate mistake of switching to el34s, instead of running the kt66s that I usually run in that amp.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by al112987
You can actually just put your neck pickup on and roll back the tone a little and use a bit of overdrive, it's really the second part of the solo where Page hits that blue box and it has that weird kind of octave effect.

Yeah, those are pinch harmonics (I take it that that's what you meant by PH?) I'm not very good at making videos, I never know what to play. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of the way the amp sounds in that video. I made the unfortunate mistake of switching to el34s, instead of running the kt66s that I usually run in that amp.

I'll try that, unfortunately i'm playing with single coils now (my BC rich needs soldering).

As for the amp i don't have a FREAKIN clue what you are talking about. As far as knowing what to play, pick out parts from like 6 or so songs that you like and play them as a medley. That's what i did (not the best playing but w/e):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNFToQn8k3I
GEAR

Hohner MR-800
MIC Squier Strat
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Fab chorus
Fab echo
Fender Super champ XD