a 1979 les paul for $550? seems to good to be true to me. if you can i would go check it out personally. also, get a serial number.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Run, don't walk.

Also, lol at "The Paul"

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
That's a very fair price, in my opinion. Try it out before you buy it though, obviously.

Edit: ^ It's not a Les Paul, the model name is The Paul. It's a different guitar they produced for a short period. It's a fair price for that model.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
That does seem like a very nice deal, but, as everyone else has suggested, make sure to try it out.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by Kurapica
It's not a Les Paul, the model name is The Paul. It's a different guitar they produced for a short period. It's a fair price for that model.

Oh, I didn't know that. Is a '79 The Paul worth less than a '79 Les Paul?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Oh, I didn't know that. Is a '79 The Paul worth less than a '79 Les Paul?

Yeah, they were aimed to appeal to a different market. They were made 78-82 and are pretty sweet, especially because you can pick up a great guitar for not so much cash. Worth keeping an eye out for
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I think these were pretty cheap and not really that valuable, but still very nice guitars. If i found one i could afford i'd definitely go for it.

There's a small chance that one of these gibson "the paul" models floating around in america rightfully belongs to Andy Partridge from XTC. It was stolen in 1980 while they were on tour there.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Almost bought one back in 1987 for $500.00, picked up an old Hagstrom for $350.00 instead. Nice guitar for the money these were the precursor to the Les Paul Studio except they didn't down grade any of the electronics, just a bare bones finish.
I suggest checking ebay and compare the prices then make the guy an offer only after trying it out to make sure there are no issues.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_The_Paul

Yeah, it seems like it's the equivalent of the modern day studio.
I say if he's throwing in the case, just do it.
Make sure it's legit though.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.