Anyone heard of this band? I'm listening to "The Absence" and it's really grown on me.

Their genre is a bit of a question, but according to Wikipedia
Luna Mortis' sound can be described as a mixture of heavy metal, power metal, thrash metal and melodic death metal. The group uses mostly fast, sometimes aggressive, riffs accompanied by both clean and harsh vocals. The band draws influence from "classic and modern death, power and thrash metal."

Oh and they have a female vocalist, and she's pretty damn good.
Hmm... I listened to most of their stuff on their myspace, and it seems like although they have some good moments, the songs kinda go through long boring patches. The vocalist is good though, although at times I feel they need moar growlz (which she does very well, definitely one of the better female harsh vocalists I've heard)
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
****ING NECROBUMP!!!!!

This band has gone criminally unnoticed for a long time. One of the few female fronted bands that actually has talent. Their label just dropped them, but it might be for the better. Century Media did a pretty sh*tty job of promoting them.

Alright, my rant's over, now off to the pit.
Last edited by In The Mist at Dec 25, 2009,
Goddamn, that was quite the bump.

The label dropped em, eh? Can't see why. If it's true what you say about Century doing a shitty job with promotion, then I'm glad they were dropped. They need a good label that'll actually do something to get them noticed more. They need to get a new album out soon too.
Quote by jetfuel495
Goddamn, that was quite the bump.

The label dropped em, eh? Can't see why. If it's true what you say about Century doing a shitty job with promotion, then I'm glad they were dropped. They need a good label that'll actually do something to get them noticed more. They need to get a new album out soon too.

Dude, they have two albums and an EP, and their still quite unheard of. I posted a reference to them in the band name charades thread and NOBODY got it. That just isn't fair for a band who released their debut way back in 2006.
Quote by In The Mist
Dude, they have two albums and an EP, and their still quite unheard of. I posted a reference to them in the band name charades thread and NOBODY got it. That just isn't fair for a band who released their debut way back in 2006.

Well, that debut was under another name

I guess changing your name can hurt if you're a young band starting out.

Anyway, I hope another label will pick them up.
There is a nasty rumor out on Blabbermouth that suggests they were dropped in part due to Mary Zimmer's refusal to provide "special services" for some CM Jock.

Unlikely - but damn...
...actually, I'm a drinker with a writing problem.
Quote by SweepInMySleep
There is a nasty rumor out on Blabbermouth that suggests they were dropped in part due to Mary Zimmer's refusal to provide "special services" for some CM Jock.

Unlikely - but damn...

I read that too, but I wouldn't trust anyone on B-Mouth as far as I could throw them.

On another note, If they ever went on tour with Zimmer's Hole, they'd have a hard time telling people in a serious way.