hi,

i was at band prac today with my randall RH150G3+ running to my boss metal core then my ibanez mtm1. at home it sounded good. but today against the drummer and the other guitarist it was completely droned out by both. the other guitarist has a MetalZone and a maxwatt hi watt and cuts through the sound like a knife (in a good way) mine just sounded like a whole lot of crap
eq it better maybe ? hopefully your mids weren't scooped.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
You need more midz. Your eq isn't scooped is it. And home eqing and band eqing are two totally different settings.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by mikeyElite
eq it better maybe ? hopefully your mids weren't scooped.

I see we're thinking the same there!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
no. personally i hate a too mid scooped sound. i dont like alot of mid but the whole death metal scoop sound like impending doom makes me wanna take a dump on there sound. no matter how i eqed it didnt help at all. at one stage i had the bass on 0 and it sounded actually BETTER. how terrible lol but still sounded bad. not matter what i did. i think the pedal has quite a naturally scooped sound :\ would it be worth exhanging for another pedal?
you're not getting enough gain out of the randall by itself ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
everyone asks me that lol. sure it has enough gain. but i dont like the sound of it myself
Quote by A Certain Death
what do you guys mean by scooping mids?
like... ice cream scoop?

Scooped mids is when your mids are turned way down.

Ice cream scoop! ROFL

And TS I think a new pedal may be in order than.
any recommendations? dont say metal muff.. lol i already got one and didnt like it so i exhanged it for my metal core (they only had that the metal zone or the uber metal) at the time the metal core sounded the best :\
I'd work with the randall, maybe get an eq for it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by jamesy_pwd
everyone asks me that lol. sure it has enough gain. but i dont like the sound of it myself

That is absolutely dumb. Why did you buy an amp that is primarily a high gain amp if you don't like the distortion on it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
well i had no choice. everyone was saying it was heaps good, so i ordered it at my local store and they made my buy it when it arrived. i was like :O
Quote by jamesy_pwd
well i had no choice. everyone was saying it was heaps good, so i ordered it at my local store and they made my buy it when it arrived. i was like :O

unless you signed a contract, you had no obligation to buy that amp....sure it would have pissed them off...but you had no legally binding obligation
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
anyway thats not really the point. i like using the amp gain for rock and hard rock got a really good gain for that. more the question is if im gunna exhange my metal core which would be a good replacement?
an overdrive instead of a distortion pedal would be a good idea.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by jamesy_pwd
no. personally i hate a too mid scooped sound. i dont like alot of mid but the whole death metal scoop sound like impending doom makes me wanna take a dump on there sound. no matter how i eqed it didnt help at all. at one stage i had the bass on 0 and it sounded actually BETTER. how terrible lol but still sounded bad. not matter what i did. i think the pedal has quite a naturally scooped sound :\ would it be worth exhanging for another pedal?

Death metal usually dont have mids scooped. Nu metal and that kind of stuff do.

You need to 86 that metal zone, they arent the best pedal. Does your Randall really not have enough gain as is?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
yes it has enough gain. i dont like the sound of it though. disortion for the sake of the distortion. kinda sounds like when your walking down the street and it has been really all day and you step in a puddle of dirt. thats how muddy it is
The metalcore has no mid knob so i think the mids are preset kinda low but there's a way you could try to remedy this a bit - boost the volume, cut the treble and bass.

You could also try turning down the dist knob on the pedal a touch - sometimes too much distortion can stop you from cutting through, especially on mid-scooped pedals, as they seem to boost the treble and bass even further the higher you have the gain.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.