I by some luck inherited an amp called "Oahu" I've done some research on Google and have only found info on other models and reproductions on the other models. I wanted to see if anyone on here has any info on this little amplifier. It's got fantastic tone, and runs a 4X12 cabinet with outstanding results.

<html>

It has a single knob (on/off/volume) and two inputs (high/low) and it has (if i remember correctly) two 6L6 power tubes and one 12ax7 preamp tube. If anybody has any info about the amp, the company, the year, anything I'd appreciate it. THANKS!
That link was a interesting read. I like the part about the modified mixer for winding the transformers.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by boxcarmonument
That link was a interesting read read

Exactly what I thought. Very cool looking amp you have there, TS. Also loving Spongebob on there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Your Oahu looks older than that. It looks like the ones they said made by Valco in the 40's/50's. May be worth some money. how'd you come across that?

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I have some info. It has a spongebob on the grille cloth. But WHY?!?!?!

It's probably because he lives in a pineapple under the sea.
Spoooongebob Squaaaarepants
Spoooongeboooooob Squaaaaarepaaaants.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
It's probably because he lives in a pineapple under the sea.
Spoooongeboooooob Squaaaaarepaaaants.

Sorry, I got carried away there.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Whatever it is, it looks very cool! Congrats.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I'm starting to think that it's definitely the vint. one. The new ones have a lot more than one knob. Congratulations, and good find!

When I was in high school and my band would jam at my parents house our bass player left this amp at my home and later moved a couple hours away. I had completely forgotten about it until I found it recently and realized how cool it was. Shortly after I found it a friend of mine heard it and fell in love with it and in exchange for me letting him record an album with it, he gave it a tune up (speaker output, fixed low input, fixed light, etc..).