Poll: Which thing?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which thing?
Epiphone Dot; Get yourself the guitar you want before the gigs.
2 17%
Computer; Replace that thing before it dies and kills all your work with it.
6 50%
Marshall head; Get loudness, tone, and ownership of a band amp.
4 33%
Voters: 12.
I doubt the computer is going to get many votes here since this is a guitar forum, but what the hell.

Simply put, I have little cash, and need a lot of not-cheap things.

The first is an Epiphone Dot, the guitar of the list. Either used somewhere on eBay once I find one cheap enough that I can afford it, or haggled from $400 at a local shop. My band is performing at some parties this summer, so I figure getting the best feel and tone for what I want is a rather important thing, but at the same time I already have two electrics that work, feel and sound fine.

The second is a new computer. This is going to either be a Lenovo Thinkpad of some sort, or, if Windows continues to bug the crap out of me while I'm deciding on this, an Apple iBook(I'd get a MacBook, but as it'd be my first Mac I want to make sure it works fine with all my stuff and needs before dropping $1,400 for a modern Mac), the one that I'm currently looking at being a 12" G4 used at $290. My computer has become less stable than Ozzy Osbourne's grip lately, and I've been doing a lot more stuff involving it lately, so I need a stable computer, but at the same time I may be able to get this thing to stay on the brink of death for a few months instead of dead.

The third is a new amp, namely a 1989 Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet head for $200 on the local Craigslist, to be used with my drummer's father's cab until I can afford a 412 for myself. I've heard good things about the Mosfets, it's the cheapest of the bunch, and I need a loud amp. At the same time though, I have my drummer's father's 200W Kustom head at the moment, and it's also possibly my Blues Jr. could get the job done if hooked to a cab.

So, amongst those three, UG, what do you think I should get?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 1, 2009,
If you like your guitar, I'd go with the amp or computer. But don't get a mac just yet, Windows 7 is looking promising (I've used the beta, it's really good, and runs faster than XP)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
You already have two decent guitars,go for the comp or amp.I'd personally go with the amp,but I can understand the need for a good computer.My laptop has more viral issues than a 50 year old street tranny right now.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

wait for windows 7, get the amp is what I would do, but the epiphone dot is pretty sexy.

your in a bit of a noodle scratcher.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.