Recently i went looking for an amp for my guitar since my old one is having trouble with the circuit board. I found a Marshal Mg15DFX Series amp. It was originally priced at 100 but he went ahead and gave it to me for 80. The question is did i get a good deal?
well

for $80

yeah not going to get anything better
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I am sorry but no.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Wrong forum, but since I'm a regular at GG&A, I feel I should answer this.

MGs aren't halfway decent for anything but quiet practice. If that's all you're doing, it'll be alright. There is better, but for $80, you can't really go wrong.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I played that amp... It was the most horrible thing I've ever heard, I was using an Epiphone explorer in the shop, I turned the gain up to like 6 and it was all ready starting to fuzz and scream, and the tone was so thin.

So no, you just wasted $80 you could've put towards a nice amp.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
my advice is to get an epiphone valve jr with the matching cab. mg marshalls are cool because of the effects, you can experiment which is cool. but the tone is crap,pure crap on the distortion channel. clean is what you would expect from a solid state
Is the OD crushing?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
short answer no...

long answer no.....
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Mostly negative eh? well i kinda like it for the clean and effects but the only thing is the distortion, i got a couple of pedals for it but i don't know how to work them easily. Does anyone know how to make what i call "Clean Distortion.". Where when you play it sounds like distortion but not scream, and when you don't it doesn't buzz much or at all. Does anyone know what im talking about? Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__p0gCBSZI&feature=related. If i could produce something like that i would be made. the petals i have are a Digitech Grunge, a Danelectro FAB Overdrive, and a FAB Metal. Which is best? or are they all good at all. Just so you all know most if not all my gear was free or very cheap. I know some good people, also have a Spider 2 headcase that everyone seems to bash for some reason.