Hi,

I just got a new computer today, which came with windows vista home premium, and it says my account (the only one on the computer) is an administrative account. Despite this, daemon tools wont run for the first time because it says that I need administrative rights in order to run it for the first time. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I may be able to fix this?
Quote by Darkice
Right click and click run as admin.

Thanks man, you're a life-saver.

EDIT: I don't suppose there's any way to make it that every time I run programs of any kind, I do so as an administrator by default?
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Mar 1, 2009,
Turn off "UAC" search for it in the controlpanel but only turn it off if you are somewhat experienced with computers and the programs that you run etc. If a program(virus) would make a popup and ask you to run "I AM A Virus.exe and you say "shure thing!" your screwed. UAC would warn you of this as a virus so that you may say no!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
^ You are one of these 5% of the population who dosn't understand irony aren't you?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
basically, you better have a good AV and firewall if you turn that off.
I personlly dont cause its only a extra click....
but if you are turning it off, make sure you have a good AV and such.
I'm leaving UAC on because viruses are often a sh*t load less obvious than that. Plus, I tried turning it off before and it still did it so there's no point, I might as well just leave it on. Though I've got ad-aware and AVG running with what seems to be active scans so I should be covered in the security department anyway.
Quote by Darkice
No virus is going to say Im a virus.....

but yeah if you turn UAC off completely you would never have to do that again but I advise you keep it on.

Actually, I've seen one called that before..but it was more like:
I_AM_A_VIRUS.trojian. blahblahblah

Basically they call them whatever they want. The people they target don't know sh*t, dont have firewalls and don't have anti-virus protection, so they're fine.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha