I want everyone's opinion on the best amp that will give me heavy metal tone like crushing riffs and all that **** like lamb of god or similar bands budget is 1000 dollars folks if you could quickly list a reason why what amps better that would be ****ing great .
You see, in the final analysis,
it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.
woo anova brown man on UG (i saw u surname so i kinda assumed)

for teh br00tals look into a peavey 6505 or peavey XXX
haha what up, what up, thanks for the suggestion
Hows this one Line 6 Spider Valve 212 looks ok what do you guys think heres a link link
quite a good amp actually. But best bed would be a used 5150/6505, used Mesa Mark III or IV or wait till the new 6505+ 1x12 comes out.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
with the 6505 would i need a head or is like a all in one because the amps not for gigging just jamming and practicing nothing major thats why im not spending more than 1000 dollars
Quote by HarrySidhu
with the 6505 would i need a head or is like a all in one because the amps not for gigging just jamming and practicing nothing major thats why im not spending more than 1000 dollars

I don't really get this part. it's a combo (which means head and cab in one and the same box). Some other stuff to look into if you are interested in a head + 1x12 or 2x12 solution would be the Egnater Rebel 20, Krank Rev Jr. Pro or Randell RM20 and a cab. All are 20 what's which should be enough for gigging if you are not to interested in clean tones for gigs.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Wait for the 6505+ 1x12 combo to be released (According to Peavey it will be released in Q2, which I'm guessing is sometime between April and June).

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
peavey triple XXX 212. infact, according to this thread, peavey make the best metal combos, despite their speakers being the worst part of their range.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Mark G
I'd grab a 6505 combo, and possibly swap the speakers.

*edit*

Changed my mind, grab an ENGL Sovereign 2x12. Hands down best metal combo....only 2100 euro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT_UCAR4i1M&NR=1

That sounds pretty bad ass!!
Quote by HarrySidhu
Hows this one Line 6 Spider Valve 212 looks ok what do you guys think heres a link link

it's a pretty sweet amp, i have one, i recomend getting it if you dont have any other effects. if you already have all the effects you want, you may want to look into something else.
also they are coming out with a peavey 6505+ combo in the spring which i have brought up a lot (sorry if everyones getting sick of me) and its supposed to be around $500 USD. but if you can afford a peavey triple xxx...then definitly get that.
I dont want something huge because space is limited plus i got drums n **** so i mean its pretty crowded i need something thats the best bang for your buck kinda thing
Quote by HarrySidhu
I dont want something huge because space is limited plus i got drums n **** so i mean its pretty crowded i need something thats the best bang for your buck kinda thing

You already have numerous suggestions on what would be the best one for your price range. To answer the space question, the new 6505+ combo coming out soon is a 1x12, so it'll be quite a bit smaller than any 2x12 combo you might come across.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
carvin mts combo
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Peavey 6505
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
For LOG tone, try a Mesa Mark IV combo, its the same amp the guitarists use only in combo form. They can be found for $1100 sometimes. Or if you cant find a Mark IV, look at Mark III's, same thing except less mids, a little more aggressive, and a shared EQ. They can be found for as low as 700-800$. I got my Mark III head for 580$. Why are people suggesting him 5150's and XXX's when he can get the exact amp LOG uses????
Last edited by bulletrocks522 at Mar 1, 2009,
6505 combo for darker, less trebly chunk.

Used Mesa Mark IV Combo for a more mid-based distortion.

Used ENGL Screamer 50 Combo for a sort of middle ground.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory