There I was on the precipice. I was right there in the highest point the human mind can get. I saw the best l life has to offer; what could be. Perfectly content; loved; happy. Willing to talk to anyone; to relate to anyone; to love anyone. I was there. I was happy. I was in ecstasy.

Now, as I can feel the drug drain from my head I feel the pangs of reality starting to seep through. The self consciousness and the doubt retain their place in my mind. The worries and dilemmas and all that is expected of me come back into view once again. What have I learned from this experience? Something, I’m sure of that much. But what? What can I take away from this that will benefit me? Anything? Only time will tell.

I want that feeling again. Is it attainable? Does the best life has to offer sell for 10 bucks a pill? Surely not. Surely, surely not.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
wow, we're all so impressed.

im just kidding. no one is impressed.
I have no opinion on this matter.
You're so hardcore.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
No one was supposed to be impressed, you gigantic faggot.

Geez, I forgot to equip myself for the cynicism of internet morons. christ.
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
No one was supposed to be impressed, you gigantic faggot.

Geez, I forgot to equip myself for the cynicism of internet morons. christ.

so this is just spam, or is it completely pointless?
No, it was supposed to invoke some sort of discussion based on my original post. Look buddy, it's ok if you wanna scoff at me because you think I'm being pretentious. I don't care at all, I just don't wanna hear about it.

If no one wants to participate then I'll close the thread.
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
No, it was supposed to invoke some sort of discussion based on my original post. Look buddy, it's ok if you wanna scoff at me because you think I'm being pretentious. I don't care at all, I just don't wanna hear about it.

Good idea. DT FTW.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

$10

That's pretty cheap.

Anyway, drugs suck.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
wow, that would really be a shame, wouldnt it? what would we do without this thread?
actually this is a deep question, drugs though illegal and dangerous do however allow you to enter at least to some level a level or state of mind that far surpasses that of a "level" one. so a) are they ok for atleast a seldom mind traveler to partake in or is the taboo surrounding them to great. i belive he wanted to know if the same mental state could be reached legaly and yes i would assume so depending on what you felt. you may never feel the same but thats the gamble of staying clean, addmitadly thats the only gambel as it is much, much safer by about 100%. if you were to say have a kid or play an awesome show your body may realease an almost equvialent level of cretonne in to your body but who knows
Seattle Will Rise Again

Rig:
Vox Amp thingie I have no idea its small who cares
Fender Mexi Fat Strat ( I Stole from my friend during his F- Guitar phase)
fender jaguar HH with a Bigsby Vibrato
Drugs are bad, mm'kay?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by (o)=:::
actually this is a deep question, drugs though illegal and dangerous do however allow you to enter at least to some level a level or state of mind that far surpasses that of a "level" one. so a) are they ok for atleast a seldom mind traveler to partake in or is the taboo surrounding them to great. i belive he wanted to know if the same mental state could be reached legaly and yes i would assume so depending on what you felt. you may never feel the same but thats the gamble of staying clean, addmitadly thats the only gambel as it is much, much safer by about 100%. if you were to say have a kid or play an awesome show your body may realease an almost equvialent level of cretonne in to your body but who knows

All humanity chases that feeling of ecstasy. Some people try to attain it through money, women, fame, or power. Every religion promises it in the afterlife. People meditate and study to find how to get this feeling. Some deprive themselves of things like food, sex or belongings to attain it. Some take in excess amounts of those.

I get in pill form. There seems to be something very wrong with that. But who's right?
Quote by SilenceIsGolden

Well take your "discussion" to the drug thread.
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz
Well take your "discussion" to the drug thread.

This thread isn't about drugs. It's more philosophy oriented.

I'd love to hear your philosophy on life, oh cynic. And I'm not being sarcastic. I'd love to see where you guys are coming from.
what philosophy? you took a drug that made your brain dump a whole bunch of happy chemicals into your system, and it made you feel happy. were you able to observe yourself doing this, you would have appeared like everyone else i've ever seen who was on ecstacy... like a jibbering idiot who's smiling at the air in front of themselves, and touching stuff like it's the first time they ever touched stuff, and talking to people like it's the first time they've ever talked to people. simply put, ecstacy is way too debilitating and too much of an extreme stimulant to offer any kind of lucidity when it comes to reaching a higher level of consciousness. the phrase "e-tard" was coined for a reason...

i'm not condemning the use of or experimentation with drugs... just don't think that some **** like ecstacy is going to expand your mind. it'll just make you go nuts for 8 hours.
Last edited by frigginjerk at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
This thread isn't about drugs. It's more philosophy oriented.

Then take it to Religion and Philosophy.
-

You drained your serotonin, genius. Learn about what you're doing before you do it. Go out in the sun and get some more.

Edit: I'm sorry, my philosophy on life is cynicism. Seriously though, this doesn't need it's own thread.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You drained your serotonin, genius. Learn about what you're doing before you do it. Go out in the sun and get some more.

BTW, you might want to do something about this. I hear 5-HTP helps.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by frigginjerk
what philosophy? you took a drug that made your brain dump a whole bunch of happy chemicals into your system, and it made you feel happy. were you able to observe yourself doing this, you would have appeared like everyone else i've ever seen who was on ecstacy... like a jibbering idiot who's smiling at the air in front of themselves, and touching stuff like it's the first time they ever touched stuff, and talking to people like it's the first time they've ever talked to people. simply put, ecstacy is way too debilitating and too much of an extreme stimulant to offer any kind of lucidity when it comes to reaching a higher level of consciousness. the phrase "e-tard" was coined for a reason...

i'm not condemning the use of or experimentation with drugs... just don't think that some **** like ecstacy is going to expand your mind. it'll just make you go nuts for 8 hours.

I see what you're saying, and I understand your point.

However, understand that I don't consider it to be a consciousness expansion tool as some (myself not included) would consider acid (or something similar) to be. It just makes you happy, simple as that.

I want to be happy, you want to be happy. Everyone wants to be happy. I can honestly say that I was happy for 4 or 5 hours tonight. Sure, it wasn't "true" happiness, but what is? What is true happiness?

Is happiness anything more than the amount of a chemical you have in your brain? It doesn't appear so. So if not, what's wrong with adding more of that chemical?

I don't advocate drugs, nor am I proud to be a user. I don't ask those questions because I'm arguing with you, I'm asking them because they're good questions. I want to see what (intelligent) people think.

Edit: Added quote
Last edited by SilenceIsGolden at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by SteveHouse
BTW, you might want to do something about this. I hear 5-HTP helps.

NAh, all he needs to do is play some Megaman X. That stuff releases loads of dopamine in me. That, or go to Subway.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
NAh, all he needs to do is play some Megaman X. That stuff releases loads of dopamine in me. That, or go to Subway.

Hell yes. Reload the brain AND lose some weight.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SilenceIsGolden
I see what you're saying, and I understand your point.

However, understand that I don't consider it to be a consciousness expansion tool as some (myself not included) would consider acid (or something similar) to be. It just makes you happy, simple as that.

I want to be happy, you want to be happy. Everyone wants to be happy. I can honestly say that I was happy for 4 or 5 hours tonight. Sure, it wasn't "true" happiness, but what is? What is true happiness?

Is happiness anything more than the amount of a chemical you have in your brain? It doesn't appear so. So if not, what's wrong with adding more of that chemical?

I don't advocate drugs, nor am I proud to be a user. I don't ask those questions because I'm arguing with you, I'm asking them because they're good questions. I want to see what (intelligent) people think.

Because there's a difference between someone who strives to attain happiness in a way that won't leave them unhappy and someone who does. Ecstasy may create a nice period for a few hours in which some things are more enjoyable, touching for example. But then comes the hang over, which is worse than most hang overs. Or at least it was for me when it was slipped to me. And then your body is drained of a lot of the chemicals which make you happy. Therefore, you've defeated your purpose and were looking for a cheap high. I don't mean to be preachy, I just get sick of hearing users trying to justify their silly and dangerous behavior. Hey, when you want to relieve boredom, do you ever play russian roulette with a bullet in all but one chamber?
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 1, 2009,
The initial premise of this thread was/is somewhat pointless.

But the general question beneath it all is nigh un-answerable.

First and foremost happiness is not a tangible thing, you can't control it, find it, or lose it.

It's a state of mind and, if anything, it's basically un-achievable what with the constant changes in direction every human being makes on a daily basis.

Example, my sister just got married. She was what you would call 'happy' for a few months. But now she wants more, she wants a family, a bigger house to fit the aforementioned family and a better job to support that family. But why now after achieving "happiness", does she crave more? Especially when prior to her marriage she was happy with her house, job, and family. Why?

What this raises is the idea that happiness is a progressive, ever changing pursuit. As a result of this, it is always temporary. You buy a new guitar, you're elated for a few days (weeks perhaps?) but then you need something more. You write a great song, you're happy with it, but for some reason you keep writing better songs. I don't think anyone has discovered happiness, which brings me back to the point that it doesn't exist. Happy is an emotion, just like sad and angry. Have you ever heard of someone striving to find eternal sadness? Probably not. So, to me, the notion of eternal happiness is just as ridiculous.

tl;dr Happiness doesn't exist permanently, it can't be achieved permanently. And your temporary means of acquiring happiness (drugs, music, nice cars, bigger boobs for your girlfriend) are OK with me.

/my very large $0.02
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on