hi, i have bought my first electric guitar ( J & D company, 4 pickups, cherry red colour ).
I do not have an amplifier for my guitar, while surfing the internet i came to know that it can be plugged into pc with some additional cables. But it is not giving effects of Bass & treble etc. i have also downloaded amplitube software, but i am not getting better results, what should i do AND any tip for beginner.
a comp can only do so much, unless you put it through a dedicated program,
amps are the way to go, btw, show some pics of the guitar.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Quote by Mr.brownstone93
just buy a real amp

+1
More overall benefit, including long-term (which is what you really want to be thinking about when it comes to gear).

Doing the computer thing is good and it comes in really handy at certain times, such as for tutoring if you only have one amp, but for practice it's a better habit to hear sound coming from a proper guitar amplifier, even if it's small and not that good.
This is my guitar, But with 4 pickups.

J&D ST Series/S-S-S Pickups
JD-EG3

Construction: Bolt-on
Body: Solid Chinese Wood
Neck: H.Maple
FingerBoard: Sonokeling
Scale Length: 25-1/2" (648mm)
Radius: 350mm
Frets: 22
Machine Head: Die-Cast
Tremolo: Vintage
Hardware: Chrome
Pickups: Low Output
Pickguard: WH or BK
Controls: 1 Volume, 2 Tone,
5 way Lever Switching
Attachments:
123.jpg
buy a Fender Pro Junior amp
Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail-Pele
I r teh playz0r geektard
Yeah, just get an amp it will do you better in the long run.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
if your actually into guitar, look into some modelling amps. that way you'll save on stomp boxes and effects when you start getting into that sorta playing.

check out Peavey Vypyrs, and H&K 15fdx, and roland Cubes.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

To question: buy amp, no need to buy ridiculously expensive one, just a simple one (try Orange Crush 15, or Vox ad15vt)

just a question, with 4 pickups, do you mean like this? Because that's 3 pickups, 2 single coil (1 'bar') and 1 humbucker (2 'bars')
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

I agree with the guy above, buy a Peavy Vypyr 15watt. Perfect first amp, and effects so you don't have to buy any until you switch amps depending if you stick with modeling.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
i think he has two humbuckers and is counting them as four, or the other fat strat setup. common mistake for beginners. definitely invest in an amp though.
Quote by poipoi
To question: buy amp, no need to buy ridiculously expensive one, just a simple one (try Orange Crush 15, or Vox ad15vt)

just a question, with 4 pickups, do you mean like this? Because that's 3 pickups, 2 single coil (1 'bar') and 1 humbucker (2 'bars')

Yes. what happens with more pickups
Quote by guitar_jimmie
Yes. what happens with more pickups

You select one of the pickups to use, using the selector switch. The pickup closer to the bridge gives a brighter sound, where the pickup closer to the neck of the guitar gives a warmer sound.

Your pickup selector switch probably has 5 positions, 1) the rear pickup on it's own, 2) the rear and middle pickups together, 3) the centre pickup on its own, 3) the centre and front pickups together and 5) the front pickup on its own.