Hey UG,
Sorry if this should've been in the singing/growling thread.
But anyways, my question is What type of screaming does Anders Friden ( In Flames) use? I think it's a very high fry scream, but I could be wrong. I can do false chord, death and fry screams, and I'm covering some In Flames songs soon. So I wanted to know what technique to use

Tl;dr : What type of screams does Anders Friden use?

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Thank you.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
What era of In Flames are you going for? Because Anders basically started off doing normal mid/high range growls, but now it's more like normal clean singing with a bit more push/grit to it.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Quote by SquareNothing
What era of In Flames are you going for? Because Anders basically started off doing normal mid/high range growls, but now it's more like normal clean singing with a bit more push/grit to it.

The new work.
The old stuff was pure death growling, I can do that.

So, he just eh... Wrecks his voice?xD He doesn't use any of those 3 techniques anymore..?

Still, he kicks ass live. Saw em 9th oct
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Quote by LordPino
The new work.
The old stuff was pure death growling, I can do that.

So, he just eh... Wrecks his voice?xD He doesn't use any of those 3 techniques anymore..?

Still, he kicks ass live. Saw em 9th oct

I would say it's pretty much the same technique he's always used, just leaning more towards clean singing with less of the 'distortion' you get when doing growls, if you know what I mean. So you would start singing normally, then start adding the rasp that would eventually make it a full-on growl, but stop before going that far? It's kinda hard to explain. Technically this does belong in the growling thread though, and you'd probably get more replies there.
○ ○ ○ ○ ○
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Old Stuff: Mid/High Ranged Guttural

New Stuff: Emo Throat R*pe

Neither of those are techniques.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
Don't get too bogged down with technique names, dude. Anders does screams, if you can hear it, you know what it sounds like. If you want advice on how he does his screams, then ask in the growling thread, but you're asking what his technique is called, or what it is?

Unless you're deaf (which I can safely assume you aren't...are you?) then you should be able to know what he screams like...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live