so i want to take my guitar to a shop, its a 1984 ibanez gt350 which arent made anymore. my first question, after how many years does a guitar become vintage, ive heard 25 is it true? second how do i prove ownership of it. like a license or something. can i photocopy the serial on the back and mail it to myself to kinda do what some people do for copyrighting there songs? im paranoid about it being stolen
Vintage tends to be atm 70s and before I guess. Take photos of the guitar + you. LOTS OF PHOTOS including serial etc and stop being paranoid.
well, In Holland cars get antique at 25... But i don't think thats very helpfull to you.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
That is complete bull**** about posting it to yourself to get copyright. Complete crap!! Not an ounce of truth.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Quote by metalrhoads
ive never tried that mailing it thing ive jsut heard that it is "the poor mans way"

That doesn't really make sense for this situation. I have the serial number of all my guitars just written down somewhere... I figured it would be more like an if-your-bike-was-stolen situation, but now that you mention it, it really probably isn't
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Write down the Serial Number on paper, have it signed by somebody in an enforcement position (such as a cop, if you have a friend who is one, a friend who is a soldier, a teacher, a doctor, somebody like that), signing that this is the serial number of a guitar you own. Get a picture of your face next to the serial number. Get a UV pen, and write your name and phone number somewhere that they wont suspect (pups cavity maybe?)... other than that, you'll be fine.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
UV signature inside it... like if it's a like my (newer) ibanez it'll have plates on the back you can take off (most guitars have them i know so no comments on that bit of idicracy from me please) so just write something original inside like your name and possibly birth year.
to copyright music, is to have proof of the construction of the songs, videos of jamming, song structures, lyrics, progression simple recorded sections. date it all and that song is then copyrighted under your name.
Take a naked picture of yourself playing it, and make sure you're able to see a serial code if there is one, if not a distincitve mark.

I would believe that this is enough proof.
I r a guy.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
just tell me where you live, when you'll leave your house and where I can find the guitar
then I'll make sure all the ownership trouble gets solved

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by bpazolli
That is complete bull**** about posting it to yourself to get copyright. Complete crap!! Not an ounce of truth.

Not in England mate. It doesn't work with guitars though, only original content. Also, you can't copyright a guitar to yourself...
Quote by metalrhoads
so i want to take my guitar to a shop, its a 1984 ibanez gt350 which arent made anymore. my first question, after how many years does a guitar become vintage, ive heard 25 is it true? second how do i prove ownership of it. like a license or something. can i photocopy the serial on the back and mail it to myself to kinda do what some people do for copyrighting there songs? im paranoid about it being stolen

I must be missing something here...

Why would you want to take it to a shop in the first place?

Also, just keep hold of it? Or in a locked case?

Excuse me if I've missed something blindingly obvious
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Scratch your name into the back of it

uv pen the headstock, take pictures with some proof of identity in them, make a note of the serial number, preferably take a photo of that, with some form of id in the pic
Quote by metalrhoads

That doesn't hold up in court.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

write ur name under the pickguard or the neck where it bolts on or something
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by bpazolli

It is true, if you mail a CD to yourself with your songs on it, the ink stamp they put on when it's received at the post office with the date will stand up in court.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
It is true, if you mail a CD to yourself with your songs on it, the ink stamp they put on when it's received at the post office with the date will stand up in court.

...no it really won't.

http://www.copyrightauthority.com/poor-mans-copyright/
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Call up local banks until you find one with a notary who will do this for you for under $10.

Take the guitar to the bank and fill out an affidavit there stating that guitar (description and serial #) is yours, when/where you bought it, current condition, and how much you paid for it. The notary will notarize it, and that should stand up in court. For good measure a picture of you and the serial number couldn't hurt, either.

Good luck.