so im looking for a new amp (tube)
im a room player and im really into rock/hard rock/metal.
and i saw those 2 amps:
Peavey Classic 30
Orange Tiny terror

any idea whats better for those styles?
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
Orange Tiny Terror with tubescreamer/a good overdrive.

That combination is pure sex.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Orange Tiny Terror !!
It Just Simply Rocks !
Ohh and get a good Tubescreamer like Chrisiphone said.
Gear :
Schecter Damien V-FR
Ibanez V70
Line 6 Spider III 15
Quote by Hanato
New BC Rich Guitar ?!
Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you

Child Molester

|

|

|

|

V
The Classic 30 is so much better than the TT. But neither does metal, so you're looking at the wrong amps to begin with.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Tiny Terror + Metal Muff
/thread
EDIT:
Quote by Chrisiphone
Orange Tiny Terror with tubescreamer/a good overdrive.

That combination is pure sex.

Such as this maybe?

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Mar 1, 2009,
Or a Hardwire CM-2.

You can get a really tight 80s metal tone (Like slayer or judas priest) with just an EQ pedal.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Mar 1, 2009,
Tiny Terror, it's a great amp, my friend has one and it's a great amp. Drops down to 7w for bedroom practice as well. Get a good overdrive thought, to get the balls you will need for metal as the amp sounds a little british on its own.
if youre playing a lot of metal, be wary that both these amps have more of a vintage voicing. even though they have enough gain to get into metal territory, they do not sound "correct" for it. for example in robchappers' video of the tiny terror doing metal, we can tell that its got enough gain but a "scooped presence" that a similar-priced metal amp like a bugera would have isn't there.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Neither. The TT is a good amp and can peak in classic metal but it doesn't really excel at it. The Classic is more versitile but doesn't sound quite as good IMO.

Get the smaller, higher gained and just as versatile Blackstar HT-5. Smaller than the TT so it is the most bedroom friendly with the high sound quality of the TT and the versilitlity of the Classic. It also has more gain than both and can do metal quite well on its own IMO.
If I had to pick between the two, I'd say get the Classic 30, but as the poster above said, a Blackstar HT-5 MIGHT be a little bit better for bedroom levels. Alternatively, at somewhat close to the same price, you might want to look at Bugeras. Despite some reliability issues, they get an amazing metal tone compared to C30 and TT.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Maybe I'll shake things up a bit and say that the TT is not a good amp.
Overpriced, tonally flat, lacking in bite, one-dimensional, and WAY underfeatured for the price. It's voiced for a vintage British crunch. It's not a metal amp. If one more person posts a Chappers video as evidence that Oranges are t3h m3t@l, I'm going to scream. He has bad tone. You might be able to make an Orange do metal, but they aren't metal amps. See the difference?

Now, the Classic 30 is a good amp, but not for metal. Again, can do metal, but not a metal amp.

I second the HT-5. Also, a Randall RG-50TC won't be much louder than a Classic 30 if you're into bedroom. Since most of the stuff you mentioned is all about the preamp gain, you can get the proper tones at any volume.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Maybe I'll shake things up a bit and say that the TT is not a good amp.
Overpriced, tonally flat, lacking in bite, one-dimensional, and WAY underfeatured for the price. It's voiced for a vintage British crunch. It's not a metal amp. If one more person posts a Chappers video as evidence that Oranges are t3h m3t@l, I'm going to scream. He has bad tone. You might be able to make an Orange do metal, but they aren't metal amps. See the difference?

Now, the Classic 30 is a good amp, but not for metal. Again, can do metal, but not a metal amp.

I second the HT-5. Also, a Randall RG-50TC won't be much louder than a Classic 30 if you're into bedroom. Since most of the stuff you mentioned is all about the preamp gain, you can get the proper tones at any volume.

+1 I seriously did not like the TT when I tried it. I actually didn't like any orange I tried..

If you're not playing a lot of metal or it's not teh br00tals the C30 would be a great amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Hey the Orange TT can do metal just look at Rob Chappers!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uig9BEE-JCY and he has great tone!

Try going to my profile for a decent TT metal tone, Chappers' tone is only good for doom metal.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis