Pit, I am troubled, and I come seeking not advice, but opinion.

I would not touch the stuff myself, but every one of my friends seems to do or have done it. One in particular is causing me trouble, but I don't care to elaborate.

I don't quite get the point if doing it though.

Is it for enjoyment? fun? If so, what's so un-fun about life? What stops you from having fun without weed?

Is it for a buzz? Why not do something less detrimental?

Things like this I fail to understand, possibly because I enjoy my life far too much.
So hopefully the pit will be able to explain why.

There has to be a reason why people do it.

So i 'spose,

tldr - why do you do weed?

Also, something that would be equally helpful, (for those who don't) Why do you NOT do weed?
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
The same reason anyone does anything in their free time; they enjoy it.

I used to do weed but after several bad times and a lot of friends spending all of their cash on it, I decided to stop. It was fun while it lasted but I just use alcohol for buzzes now.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Why do people drink, why do people smoke, why do people jump out of airplanes with a sheet of plastic attached to their back?
I don't; due to my health, I can not (nor do I want to) smoke anything.

If I could, I'd definitely try it, just for the sake of it. I've heard a lot about it.
I don't because I don't like the idea of any form of thought control.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.