hi,

i know this pedal threads must really piss you off but i need serious help

i need a good metal distortion pedal coz anythin i seem to get i absolutely hate.

at the moment im using a boss metal core and played it at band prac today and HATED it i couldnt hear myself over the other guitarist nomatter the volume or EQ.

i had a metal muff and didnt like it. just not for me,i thought the metal core was a goer but its not seeming the case

im using a randall rh150g3+ and ibanez mtm1 and before you ask about the gain. i do not like it lol its very muddy and just not for me.

i wanna try and get a sound kinda like parkway drive and that kinda hardcore stuff but also id also like to be able to get a tone like divine heresy or something similar.

any reccomendations would be very much appreciated!
Maybe try a different amp?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
its not the amp. i tried it on my other guitarists hi watt maxwatt combo + Quad box. and i cant get a new amp

1) coz its not even a month old
2) im 15 n no way can i afford to get another, nor would i be allowed lol
how much are they? i live in aus so in comparison to a metal core whats the diff in price?
anything other recommendations in the price range of the metal core kinda price?
oh.. well that was great grammar by me lol any OTHER recommendations was what i meant lol
There aren't any decent metal pedals that are cheap.

Doesn't the mtm1 come in drop B? Do you still have it in drop B? If that's true, it's the reason your sound is muddy and you can't cut through. Learn how to use the EQ on your amp and cut some bass.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Mar 1, 2009,
Try out a Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion. I'm looking into one right now and they seem pretty promising. Its the same price as the Metal Core, so you should be good.
digitech death metal

the guarantee is true. it is the most lethal metal distortion.

3-band EQ and volume. dual output to amp and mixer.

metal as hell.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
digitech death metal

metal as hell.

Well it's lethal if you have an allergy to bee stings.

The worst sounding pedal I have ever heard, but unfortunately I cant even use mine for special effects cos the bypass on it is so bad.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Silver-spear94
digitech death metal

metal as hell.

It doesnt have a gain control
It sounds fizzy & thin
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by The_Bosstone
Try out a Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion. I'm looking into one right now and they seem pretty promising. Its the same price as the Metal Core, so you should be good.

this. but if you want a great metal tone save up for the zvex box of metal, or trade your amp in for an amp with a tone you like.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
i googled these zvex box's of metal and a guy on ebay sells em new in aus for $600. which is double what i can afford. see the thing is the only way i can get the moneyfrom my metal core is exhanging at the shop i bough it at in the next few days