Bought this guitar yesterday and i'd like to know the manufacturer. Hoping someone can hep me.

It's a fantastic looking thing and was an absolute bargain at £25.

Here are some pics:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/tezmaster/S37000412.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/tezmaster/S3700041.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/tezmaster/S3700042.jpg

As you can see the headstock has two holes where i'm guessing there used to be a plate with the manufacturer name just like on a Stagg.

So if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it.
I would break into someone's house, stab their cat, stab them, and then set fire to their house, just to touch a guitar like that.

Where do you live?
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Quote by MrToucan
I would break into someone's house, stab their cat, stab them, and then set fire to their house, just to touch a guitar like that.

Where do you live?

Erm..... thank you?
Quote by Tommy Walker
I bet it sounds like a country gentlemen.

i bet it does, man i wanna go for a pony ride.

Edit: btw im watching some infomercial, and this man is talking about the first time he saw his daughters bowel movement this is what he said... "I thought there was something wrong with her because it was so big for her size"
Last edited by vannaXcurses at Mar 1, 2009,
It plays ok at the moment. I still need to sort out the action and intonation. Sounds great on my little 10w practice amp, I've yet to try it on anything bigger. Lovely warm tone great for jazz and blues.
It looks alot like the decca Guitars that were once sold at your chain stores. a couple other companies i would look into would be Heit , greco and fiama
Quote by VicVanity
It looks alot like the decca Guitars that were once sold at your chain stores. a couple other companies i would look into would be Heit , greco and fiama

Thanks i had a quick look into these but Iv'e not found my model. Decca make a similar looking guitar so I'm currently researching them.
have a look inside the F holes once in awhile you can find a sticker inside .
During the late 60`s early 70`s so many Japan guitar manufactures were around
Quote by vannaXcurses

Edit: btw im watching some infomercial, and this man is talking about the first time he saw his daughters bowel movement this is what he said... "I thought there was something wrong with her because it was so big for her size"

i've seen that before, i started to literally lmao
Quote by vannaXcurses

OMg my son takes them so large, i swear he needs a c section to have them removed , or he will get arrested for having to base jump off the toilet when he is done .
Quote by cranium2001
Maybe a 1960's Tiesco ES ?

that was my original thought However, tiesco tags were not centered they were at the top of the headstock
Quote by VicVanity
that was my original thought However, tiesco tags were not centered they were at the top of the headstock

It looks like two screw holes at the top in the first picture too.
It is a Teisco Del Rey EP series built by Kawai. It is hard to identify the specific model but it is likely variant of the EP-2 or the EP-8.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
it ooks like an ibanez i saw in guitar center the other day ..it was a piece of crap tho..does it play good ?
smacking bone kydd
Quote by shredderkidd
it ooks like an ibanez i saw in guitar center the other day ..it was a piece of crap tho..does it play good ?

If you are taking about the Ibanez copies of Gibson ES models, which were played by Jazz greats like Pat Metheny, Joe Pass and George Benson, then you are out of your mind. I believe those guitars are better than the rest of Ibanez's guitars, and I'm sure those Jazz Gods would agree.

The guitar definitely looks like a Teisco. I have some recollection of a guitar like it when I was in the U.K. However, I have not seen one in the U.S.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by LowEndSlacker
It is a Teisco Del Rey EP series built by Kawai. It is hard to identify the specific model but it is likely variant of the EP-2 or the EP-8.

I know Teisco, Silvertone, Kay and others were all made by the same company or tied together (somehow). I tried to find a picture EP-8 with that open truss rod adjustment but couldn't. But that is definitely the closest to tezmaster's I saw. Either way it's a cool guitar for little money.
Honestly I have seen so many guitars over the years, but I owned one just like it when I was about 15 years old. Not sure but looks a lot like a Cameo or maybe Harmony or just a flat out Kay model guitar which is your basic Japanese cheap model from the 60's through early 80's.
Last edited by thenightpoet at Mar 2, 2009,
looks like a cross between an epi dot and a rickenbacker but its the wrong colour.

looks quite vintage, any idea of age? any numbers or anything on any of the hardware that could give clues?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ