I wish I could get a tone like the rectifier model on my tube vypyr out of my real rectifier. I know that sounds freaking crazy. I actually brought my vypyr to band practice and hooked it up to a cab and liked it better. I feel like something is wrong with me. I hated modeling amps for years and now all the sudden I'm in love with the tube vypyr. I am seriously considering buying the 120 watt head and using it when it comes out. I know people here who know me and know what all amps I have probably think this is crazy. I still love my 6505 but damn I wish it was tighter.

Figured I'd vent... Anyone else in love with their tube vypyr? That rectifier model on there could probably use a little more gain because it doesn't have near as much as the 6505 model but it sounds so tight. I actually think I'm going to use it in the studio over my other amps. I told my friend about this and he didn't believe me he's now going to go get one himself. He came over and was so impressed by the rec model and the twin clean model on there. He actually has a real fender twin and says this thing sounds really damn close.

I find myself playing more hours a day now due to having an amp that sounds this great in the bedroom. I'm used to either having to crank my rec or 6505 really loud in my room and not playing but 20 minutes or using a little practice amp that sucks and I can't get into the tone. With this amp I'm getting that real tone at low volumes and high volumes. I've had this thing for a while now and I'm still impressed by it everytime I turn it on. Wow peavey did the hybrid right this time.

I was messing with the spider valve the other day too and I actually liked it alright but I mean it cost way more than the vypyr and doesn't even sound close. Anyone who is interested in clips I will make them and compare them to the real thing. The rectifier doesn't really sound like the real thing but it sounds better. The 6505 sounds exactly like the real thing.
Quote by Horlicks
I heard Mesa Rectos sound awful until they're cranked.

Yeah basically that's why I use it with the band and not at home. The 6505 is the same way though but there are people here that swear they get a good tone with it not even turned up to 1. Honestly there are a ton of amps that sound 10 times better than a 6505 on 1. The 6505 sounds damn good on 3 and up though. I think they just love having the 6505 and having that amp with the reputation. There was a time when I was younger I convinced myself my 6505 sounded good at 1 too so I could play it in my room. haha

A lot of people want good tone and are tired of buying crap modeling amps so they get rectos and 6505's and end up playing them in their bedroom at low volume thank god for the tube vypyr or I'd still be doing that.
Quote by hcsn2008
IThat rectifier model on there could probably use a little more gain because it doesn't have near as much as the 6505 model but it sounds so tight.

Well.... then cant you add the gain you want and save it as a preset?
I thought that's how these things worked.
clips pls, real interested, o can you put up the triple x model, i wanna hear how close it sounds to the real thing ;D
Quote by 667
Well.... then cant you add the gain you want and save it as a preset?
I thought that's how these things worked.

Uhh..What? Yes I can save a present. I said that the rec model could use a little more gain on it. I did not say their preset could use a little more gain. I adjust my own eq and gain to my needs. I'm saying that it could use more gain like the 6505 model. How am I going to add more gain if it isn't there?
Quote by hcsn2008
Uhh..What? Yes I can save a present. I said that the rec model could use a little more gain on it. I did not say their preset could use a little more gain. I adjust my own eq and gain to my needs. I'm saying that it could use more gain like the 6505 model. How am I going to add more gain if it isn't there?

Never mind. I was thinking it was like a MultiFX where you have a bunch of different types of distortions/ODs to pick from.

I guess not.
Im looking at getting a 60 vypyr and figure this one amp will do all I need to, how does it compare with fender for the clean tones? and if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay?
Quote by mikec_j
Im looking at getting a 60 vypyr and figure this one amp will do all I need to, how does it compare with fender for the clean tones? and if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay?

I paid 460 bucks. The cleans are amazing. The Fender twin model on the green channel sounds amazing and warm especially if you have a good neck pickup with it. I'm going to make clips of it later on tonight with an sm57.
Quote by Muffin Murderer
wait so its not a hybrid?

No, it is.

What cab were you using?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Muffin Murderer
wait so its not a hybrid?

It is a hybrid. But the tube version does not have a hybrid power amp. Meaning you have an all tube power amp. And that's mostly where tube amps shine. The preamp also has a tube. The rest is solid state. So having mostly tubes going on it's hard to tell it even has solid state in the amp and the solid state is transtube and sounds really good. So you don't get a solid state feel or sound out of it.
Oh yeah I use a cab with v30's in it btw. It sounds awesome through it. The stock speaker is really good too though.
Quote by hcsn2008

haha i read ''yes i can save you a present''
I heard Peavey are now shipping the 3120... any word about the Vyvyr head?

Also, what ohms is it rated?
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by SchecterZV
It's rated 16 OHM's, and the head is coming in Fall I think.

I'm so stoked on the Tube Vypyr, ordering the 60W version tommorow after I played it in guitar center. It was simply amazing.

Well, that's off the list! (Since my cab is 8OHMs) Thanks for that... Also, I could've sworn I posted this in the Vypyr thread

But anyway, on topic, the Vypyr tubes = epicness.

EDIT
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I've played the 3120 several times now.

I thought the Vypyr head was switchable ohmage?

I hope that's true.
For sale
Dean VMNT in Silver

PM For info!

My band
Last edited by darrenjables at Apr 2, 2009,
Quote by darrenjables
Well, that's off the list! (Since my cab is 8OHMs) Thanks for that... Also, I could've sworn I posted this in the Vypyr thread

But anyway, on topic, the Vypyr tubes = epicness.

EDIT

I hope that's true.

That's what their web site says but I've learned to not trust everything I see on there. I'm sure it will be.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That's what their web site says but I've learned to not trust everything I see on there. I'm sure it will be.

Oh right, that's awesome. I don't see why the site would be wrong about their own amps, but, only time will tell.
For sale
Dean VMNT in Silver

PM For info!

My band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
They had some incorrect information on the Vypyrs when they first came out. Do you remember that?

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Oh well, time will tell. Maybe Peavey learnt from their mistakes.
For sale
Dean VMNT in Silver

PM For info!

My band
Can you disable the internal speaker in the vypyr tube 60 and use a 2x12 cab instead?

I had a vypyr 75 and the cabinet made all kinds of noise.......I noticed the tube version is very similar in cabinet design and I would definately want to disable the speaker and hit this cabinet with my own 2x12.
Quote by JoelTheShredder
i wasnt really impressed by a triple recto. sounded really lifeless and treble heavy.

AGREED!
But everybody seems to think im crazy when i say that.
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt