Hello

Started a new band recently, and of the demos we've recorded over the past few weeks, I think this is the best - it still needs bass added to it though

It's called "Dark Smiles" and is in the big link in my sig

Thanks for any comments and (please) leave a comment on the page. We've in the running for a festival slot and the (retarded) music promoter only books you if you're particularly popular on myspace ¬_¬

"It's not the talent you have, it's the friends you have" as our old manager used to say

*sigh*
type as i listen:

cool intro, seems very movie-esque

good chord choices, the guitar in the background adds for a nice touch

were you playing to a metronome? it seems a little off

ah the strings in the back are very nice, i really like it

this has a very nice feel to it, perfect for an intro

oh wow didnt expect drums and such, nice. you guys have a beatles-esqu type singing going on

if you rerecord this, try and keep the rhythm more solid

good dynamics, and structure as a whole

overall very nice. quality was rough if you were going for an album type quality, what stood out was the originality of it, which is always a plus :-D

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18845904#post18845904
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
yeah not bad...i think its really good for this genre bvut i dont like this genre...but the guitar and the vocals sounds really amazing
Pretty high quality production on the recording side of things. Except when the vocals and drums come in I didn't like that.

I like how every so often in the intro, new instruments were added and the single note being repeated on the piano is a pretty good idea, however when the vocals kick in they get a bit overshadowed by the piano.

At some parts its a bit off beat which may just be due to the recording (lag etc) but overall not too bad.

I can see what your going for and it is pretty cool

The intro was a bit long for my liking but when the main part of the song kicked in it was pretty cool.

1:35 - 2:10 ish reminds me of Run by Snow Patrol a bit.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076505
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
I'll type as I listen also...

Repetitive piano's maybe a little too loud and attacky? Still good, love the guitar flourishes and effect on it.

Not a huge fan of the choir/strings keyboard effect, a little too 80's for my taste, but it definitely works with the song.

SWEET DRUMS.

Singing may need to be a little stronger, but the melody is perfect.

Only real complaint is that there's no distinction between a verse and a chorus? It just kind of one big chorus. Or verse.

Sweet idea for the outtro, going back into the intro.

HEY. Check out mine? C4C, it's in my profile, called "csc"
Counter Point: I go home and jerk off.
Last edited by Jonnybin123 at Mar 2, 2009,
The two guitars are copied and set slightly out of sync to give the guitar a kind of "wavey" texture. I've yet to add bass guitar to the mix, so the drum machine will sound a little on the high side. I apoligise if the vocals don't fit your description of "good" but that's just teh way I sing

I haven't forgotten about your guys songs btw, my laptops speakers are broken. I WILL crit back once I get it fixed next week.

Thanks for critting guys
The intro was pretty cool. Really atmospheric. I like when the drums come in, but I didn't really like the vocals too much. Just my opinion though I guess. And the piano thing that lasts through the whole song and changes like once lol I found that kinda annoying sometimes, but good job anyway.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081888