I think its a hi gain amp voiced like a mesa rectifier (slightly). So its not gonna get that standard "dark" sound used for death metal. Will it reach the gain levels? Yes, but i personally boost mine even more using an overdrive when playing music of that nature. With out any pedals i don't see any reason you cant reach a good metal tone though. It does sound nice in my opinion.
I have the 2x12 combo. I love it. I won't use/get anything else until I have enough for a Bogner Uberschall (so a very, very long time ...) But i definetelty recomend one, but try to test one out before you get it.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
Reliable? there were some initial problems. Could be fine, could be a lemon. Warranty either way.

They're great for metal, and they have good cleans as well.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
the amp is alright in general better than valveking, nothing a C30 cant do with an OD pedal.

the major flaw in the amp is the crap speaker in it, change that and youll have a phenomenal amp.

I played one with V30's in it and it was ****ing great.
and also is the bugera 333xl a horror amp? i have heard stories of it having problems, but it seems like a great death metal amp
Bugeras have serious reliability issues, but they have a solid warranty. That said, the 6262 would be a better death metal amp. The 333s are voiced more like the XXX and JSX series.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.