I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping these last nights. I've been stressed about common problems recently (broken relationship, crashed my car), so I believe this is the problem, but I can't seem to find any solutions. I lay on my bed even for 3 or more hours and I just can't fall asleep. I'm glad my classes start until 4 pm or it would have been a serious problem by now.

How do you guys conceive sleep while having tons of crap going on inside your head?
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by SweatyMushrooms
Take a lot of pills and alcohol.

this, it worked/works for me
I usually take a nice warm bath with a toaster oven. I'm not going to recommend doing that, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I can't get no sleep *dun dun dadun dun dun dadun dun dun dadun dun dun dun*

Faithless Is awesome
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

you have to watch out with pills and alcohol combined, especially when you're using stronger subscription pills. last time a friend of mine took a sleeping pill with vodka, he plainly fell over on his face...
I eat **** loads lol like burger sausage chips bacon turn up the heating for a bit get warm and i just pass out.

Its bad for u to sleep after u eat but i stay skinny so dusnt bother me, im curious to see if any1 else has any better ideas

O get wrecked b4 u go bed aswell aslong as u dont mind waking up feeling a bit rough achohol helps lol

PS sleeping pills dont work its all in ur head
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
Last edited by Silence&Solace at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by will123456789
I can't get no sleep *dun dun dadun dun dun dadun dun dun dadun dun dun dun*

Faithless Is awesome

I agree.

Quote by Silence&Solace

PS sleeping pills dont work its all in ur head

Same with drugs...

Oh wait...
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Last edited by ThinLizzyFan at Mar 1, 2009,
See a doctor... sleeping problems can usually be fixed with medication

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
you probably are sleeping in those 3 hours - just not realising it.
try establishing a regular sleep pattern of going to bed early, say 9-10pm, and not eating or drinking for 3 or 4 hours before going to bed as your body is less able to handle blood sugar in the evenings which can keep you up.
if it continues for more than 2 weeks then seek medical advice about it, stress can be pretty serious if it builds up but most people just experience it for brief periods.
medication is ALWAYS a last resort
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
dont listen to these guys, they are trying to kill you :P anyway.. you shouldnt drug yourself with pills... try some other ways first.. for example breathing deep, and maybe enven "loud". sounds bizare, but i know a lot of people who use this technique and it works.

the other one is reading or watching tv or something, just so you dont think of that stuff.. book is better, because you can just fall asleep whenever you want, the tv just keeps shining and making annoying noise...

aswell listening to music is a solution. but it doesnt work out for me. i start thinking of my problems instead of listening to music / lyrics... it's just not distracting enough,.

find something to distract your mind. that's what i wanted to say .

best regards serjem
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Thanks everyone. I already tried the music thing but it definitely didn't work. I had to get off my bed and play some riffs but I will try reading; It might work.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI