Hello is there a way to change/make your own inlays because I want something different than pearl dots. Besides making a new neck or using stickers.
You could have the existing inlays taken out and have new, bigger inlays made to cover the same positions the old ones were. If you wanted smaller inlays or if the inlays you wanted didn't cover the gap the old inlays left, you'd need to get a new fretboard. Also if the fretboard is maple or a similar wood which has a finish applied to the fretboard itself, you'll need to have the neck refinished.

Generally, it's not really worth it unless you've got money to burn, it's a set or neck-thru guitar, and it is a particularly nice guitar and you take it to a well experienced luthier. If it's anything else (especially if it's a bolt-on or not a high-quality guitar to begin with) then you'll save money by just buying a new neck or perhaps even just a whole new guitar, depending on the complexity of the new inlays you want.

tl;dr: it's not impossible, but it's something only a skilled luthier should try doing, and most of the time it's financially not worth it compared to just buying a new neck/guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
If you pay to have it done expect it to cost some serious cash. And there is a pretty steep learning curve if you want to do it yourself. And the expense of some proper tools. Something like block inlays your probably going to have to pull the frets to be able to sand the fret board for em to fit right.
arent there like rly thin stickers they sell on ebay ?i remenber that they had lots of cool designs..
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
bastard, **** off. He said he didn't want stickers.
Yes, it's possible, but it's gonna be expensive if you don't want to do it yourself, and there's a good chance of ****ing up if you want to do it yourself
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by MrFlibble

tl;dr: it's not impossible, but it's something only a skilled luthier should try doing, and most of the time it's financially not worth it compared to just buying a new neck/guitar.

This. You cant justify buying a bunch of inlay tools, for just one neck, Plus, It's not that easy of a task at all.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Emoishboy
bastard, **** off. He said he didn't want stickers.
Yes, it's possible, but it's gonna be expensive if you don't want to do it yourself, and there's a good chance of ****ing up if you want to do it yourself

calm down he only said jeeeeeeeeeeessssss

what is it with people on teh internetz

basically if you want to doit your self i sggest practising alot first!

get some maple or something so you can practise
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.