I recently bought a set of Zakk Wylde EMGs, and the wiring diagrams don't match what is in my guitar. I have a Dean Baby ML.

My guitar is similar to that, only it doesn't have a three position lever switch, it has something similar to this:

http://www.axetec.co.uk/sw007%20pickup%20selector%20550.gif

I've looked online, and I couldn't find anything. Can someone help? Thanks!
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
http://www.emginc.com/content/wiringdiagrams/0230-0039c%20%20%20ZW.pdf

here. you should find one that matches what you have.

on a side note, google, ftw.
Yes, yes, already looked there, but none of those diagrams match what is specifically in my guitar.

On a side note, yes, used google.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

well what do you have, exactly? that picture is a gibson-style switch.

EDIT: are those two volume knobs or 1 vol 1 tone?
Last edited by gnomieowns at Mar 1, 2009,
It is a Gibson style switch? Because the back of it doesn't look like what's on the diagram:

EDIT: I have 1 volume 1 tone.

All right, thanks. I'll post if anything else goes wrong.

EDIT: It doesn't really look anything like the picture though. I'm not sure how to wire it.

Last edited by slashe50 at Mar 1, 2009,
i thought that EMGs had a quick connect system or something. am i wrong?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22

I believe that's only for some guitars.

Sorry for double posting, but I still need help here.

The switch pictured is called an "economy" switch as its about a 1/3 the cost of the traditional gibson switch. But its not that complicated the middle lug is going to go to the vol pot and the 2 outer lugs go to the pickups. It is the same as the LP switch just looks slightly different still wires the same.

The lug at the top is the ground. The center lug in the bottom row is the hot out to the volume pot (first lug on the left of the pot). The lugs on each side of the bottom row are where you connect the hot wires from the pickups (one pickup to each lug).

Quote by Jhachey22

The quick connect system still has to be soldered to the pots (just like any other pickups do) but the pickup itself can be unplugged from the wires making it easy to install a different EMG in it's place.