Samarium Noiseless?

Amp? Budget?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
but i like the strat hummmmmmmmmm. I got a fender vibro champ but i wont be playin on that forever, but will always use tubes
Quote by eric crake
the hum is the strats signature

This is sig-worthy.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Quote by eric crake
the hum is the strats signature

No. It's not. the glassy, sparkly character, bell like chime, and hollowness in tone at the 2 and 4 positions are the strat's signature. The hum is one of the shortcomings in single coil pickups that strat lovers put up with to have these other qualities.

ANY single coil is going to hum. A telecaster does not sound like a strat, and it hums, a P-90 les paul does not sound like a strat, and it hums.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 1, 2009,
You could've gotten much better pickups for that price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by al112987
No. It's not. the glassy, sparkly character, bell like chime, and hollowness in tone at the 2 and 4 positions are the strat's signature. The hum is one of the shortcomings in single coil pickups that strat lovers put up with to have these other qualities.

ANY single coil is going to hum. A telecaster does not sound like a strat, and it hums, a P-90 les paul does not sound like a strat, and it hums.

Couldnt have put it a better way.

I would just get some sort of lace sensors and call it a day 800$ for pups.

damn oh damn.

yah either some of those lace sensors or definitely the texas speacials.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 1, 2009,
If your not concerned about price, check into Lindy Fralins. Superior pickups.
I've had real good experiences with the Seymour Duncan SSL-1/SSL-5 combo.
And finally, check out Guitar Fetish if you're on a budget.
Do you guys know if you can actually take the metal pickup out of the plastic covering and put them in a different plastic holder? cause i want my new ones to be creme colored but all they had was white
Probably, as long as they aren't potted in there, which I doubt they would be. Just be very careful not to damage the copper windings. You nick one of those just right and your pickups may well be kaput.
I took 2 of them off on my squier just to make it look rediculous, I'm pretty sure it'd be no problem.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
69s are hotter and might use a different wire. Maybe try a google search.
stock??
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Felttoaster
Texas Speicals are the most truest strat pickups i ever heard

What? Texas Specials have weird, honky mids that are generally not what most people have in mind when they're talking about the signature strat tone. They're good if you're into that SRV, overwound Texas blues sound I guess, but otherwise, no.
Quote by al112987
What? Texas Specials have weird, honky mids that are generally not what most people have in mind when they're talking about the signature strat tone. They're good if you're into that SRV, overwound Texas blues sound I guess, but otherwise, no.

mine are pretty sweet. and if you dont have hands the size of bear claws, you arent going to get a good SRV tone anyways, no matter what pickups.

ive gotten some sweet sounds out of the 69s, they are starting to grow on me.