I have a knock-off strat (not a squire) and the neck is fairly thick. Do the standard strats (mexican-made) have thick necks?

Thanks.
not really. they arent as thin as say a jackson or ibanez. they are about the middle ground between say a gibson les paul neck and a jackson. to me it feels that way atleast. but im not a neck expert
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
My MIA Standard Strat has a fairly thin neck profile. The MIM Strats I have played ddidn't have necks that were too thick, either.
It all depends on what you are used to.

Most strats that I have played are not as wide, and are kind of thicker towards the middle.

The classic "C" shape I believe.

Try 'em out. They are only the most common guitars on the planet...
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Strat necks actually vary quite a bit, I have a '94 MIM that has a huge neck, but I love it since I have fairly large hands. My 2001 MIA Strat has a fairly slim neck though.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Pretty much medium, I'd say.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Hmmmmm my pre CBS had a D shape, very flat at the middle of the back. It was the best thing about that POS, after the tree trunk of a Hofner Galaxy.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

they are very varied. the MIMs especially. I have played some which had quite thick necks whereas the neck on mine is pretty thin (though mine is a 2002 model)
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i cant stand v shaped necks... but like everyone said, fairly varied
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
Quote by CemetaryGates90
not really. they arent as thin as say a jackson or ibanez. they are about the middle ground between say a gibson les paul neck and a jackson. to me it feels that way atleast. but im not a neck expert

That's basically what I planned to answer. I like some thinner necks(anything thinner than the neck on a JEM is dead to me though), but I also like thick necks, hence why I love the neck on it. But to each his own. Plus it's incredibly varied. Just try it I guess.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Mar 1, 2009,
When they gained popularity with professional guitarists in the late 60's and throughout the 70's, it was mostly because people found the thin neck of Fenders let them play a little more freely than what was then the standard thickness of neck found on Gibsons.

Of course by modern standards, Gibson necks are now considered fat and Fender necks are considered the standard, thanks to the invention of ultra-thin U-profile necks like those on ESP and Ibanez guitars.

So, if you're a blue, jazz or classic rock kind of person, you would probably considre the Fender necks to be moderately on the slim side. On the other hand if you're a heavy metal player, you'll probably find the average Fender neck is a little on the medium/thick side for your tastes.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.