This was going to be like my third thread asking whether or not a guitar with certain specs existed so I decided to make this one thread for all of us.

Post here if you know what specs you'd like but can't seem to find a guitar that has them all. Other UGers with their vast knowledge will help you find your guitar.

I'll start:

A guitar shaped like a double-cut LP or s-1 schecter or something of the like (even an SG clone or something) with 25.5" scale, 24 frets, and passive pups?

EDIT: Let me clarify. Essentially a doublecut LP, Schecter S-1, Ibanez ARX, SG, or anything else of the like, with 25.5" scale, passive pickups, and 24 frets
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Last edited by JWD32792 at Mar 1, 2009,
SG diablo comes pretty close....

how bout a LP with actives + floyd rose + 24 frets?
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs

how bout a LP with actives + floyd rose + 24 frets?

Not a "true" LP, but have you seen the LTD EC1000 FR?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah see my problem is i want really good upper fret access but with passive pups and no trem. I'd look at the prophecy SG but they're supposed to be kinda crummy. The 25.5" scale also makes drop tuning easier because you get more tension

EDIT: Emphasis on the double cut, I don't like the fret access on LP's even though its not that bad, its just uncomfortable for me
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Last edited by JWD32792 at Mar 1, 2009,
^Epiphone makes one. I don't remember the exact model but I'm pretty sure it comes with a Floyd and EMG's. 2 extra frets included also.
Quote by JWD32792
Yeah see my problem is i want really good upper fret access but with passive pups and no trem. I'd look at the prophecy SG but they're supposed to be kinda crummy. The 25.5" scale also makes drop tuning easier because you get more tension

EDIT: Emphasis on the double cut, I don't like the fret access on LP's even though its not that bad, its just uncomfortable for me

LTD Travis Miguel model, then switch the EMGs out. The body's a bit thinner though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by JWD32792

Try to find a used Carvin DC150 model,it has everything you want,though I'm not 100% sure on the 24 frets thing.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Wow, seems like Carvins just have great access in general, do they make anything that i could find for like 700? (Or less if the pickups are iffy and i need to swap)
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
For OP: The SG Diablo is what you want except it's a 24 and 3/4" scale like all others Gibsons. The PRS Mira is what you want except it's a 25" scale that apparently PRS uses on many of their guitars. You really should check em both out IMO.
^^^^

Yeah they're both really nice but a bit over my budget (like 750 USD) even used they're a lot
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Wow, seems like Carvins just have great access in general, do they make anything that i could find for like 700? (Or less if the pickups are iffy and i need to swap)

Check the used market.Carvin instruments are factory direct priced custom shop models usually,so they have low resale value despite being amazing instruments.I'm sure there are at least a couple DC or contour models on the used market for around that price.With a used Carvin you can get a $1500+ instrument for 600 or so.

Edit: Something like this,it's a new floor model with all the features you want and the OHSC for 670 USD.

Carvin DC model

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Mar 1, 2009,
why do they sell so cheap used?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
why do they sell so cheap used?

Like I said in my previous post,they're sold at factory direct prices and are usually custom shop models as well.These two factors add up to them having low resale value since there's no middle man to jack up the prices like other brands and the instrument is usually built to the buyers personal specs.The low price doesn't reflect on their quality at all,they're amazing instruments.I've played probably 15 or more Carvin models and none of them had quality issues,their QC and build quality is great,on top of being made in the USA.

Do they have necks on the thinner side? You've got me pretty much sold haha
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Do they have necks on the thinner side? You've got me pretty much sold haha

I'd say their necks are a little bit thinner than a Schecter neck.Thin enough to shred on and play fast,especially with the oil finish,but not so thin as to make chords and riffs uncomfortable.

Not bad, am i just going to have to check ebay/craigslist or do some stores carry them? I'd like to try one first if possible
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Not bad, am i just going to have to check ebay/craigslist or do some stores carry them? I'd like to try one first if possible

You'd have to find a Carvin dealer or a store that has a used model that someone traded in,I'm pretty sure that big chain stores like GC don't carry them.