I play in a thrash/extreme metal band and my current amp is still that ****ty 15 watt fender (lol)

I need a new amp for practice and small gigs, I'd like it to be present but underneath the guitars. Also what I'd really like is a distortion channel that is heavy but you can still tell what notes are being played (as in its not a complete cluster**** of noise).

My budget is like in the $100-$200 range but if absolutely necessary I suppose I could dish out $300.

I've been looking at http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL450-45W-1x10--Bass-Combo-481100-i1145515.gc (45W Behringer) and it looks good but I can get a 300W Behringer http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-ULTRABASS-BXL3000-300W-1x15--Bass-Combo-481097-i1145513.gc for just twice the price.
The only problem there is that it weighs 60 pounds and I probably couldn't carry it around.

What do you guys think, maybe you could suggest some better amps for what I'm looking for?

TLDR - $100-200 or 300 amp with clear distortion channel for thrash/extreme metal that weighs 40 pounds or less
Don't go for Behringer. The cheap price sucks people in, but they fall apart within a few months, are terribly underpowered and are all round pieces of crap.

Distortion channels aren't really very good on amps, unless it's on a really good, high end amp. So I suggest getting a separate distortion pedal.

For band practice and small gigs, your gonna need at least 200 watts. I'm not familiar with the exchange rate, but i don't think $200 is gonna get you very far. Raise your budget a bit and look into Ashdown and Acoustic.

I hope I helped.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I have an active bass so I dont know about needing 200W. I once practiced with a friends 60W Fender and I was just fine without even going halfway on the volume. I didnt really like that tone though.

What distortion pedals would you recommend for what I'm looking for? I have a Big Muff Pi but I don't like its sound - its what I said I dont want (cluster**** of noise)
You might have heard yourself, but I doubt anyone else did. Trust us, you'll need around 200w to gig, and brand to look for is Acoustic. For the price, I haven't found another bass amp like it. Acoustic amps work for any genre out there.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by Jesusof36
I have an active bass so I dont know about needing 200W. I once practiced with a friends 60W Fender and I was just fine without even going halfway on the volume. I didnt really like that tone though.

What distortion pedals would you recommend for what I'm looking for? I have a Big Muff Pi but I don't like its sound - its what I said I dont want (cluster**** of noise)

Active circuitry doesn't add volume. And trust me, with a metal band, you WILL need at least 200 watts.

What sort of distortion are you looking for? A slight overdrive, straight up distortion or full on fuzz?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding