So in my choir class we get to sit around and play music for probably 3 days next week and we did one day last week and I ended up being the designated d.j. Suggest some (clean) songs that everyone knows please and help a brother out. Thanks.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Anything by Led Zeppelin or really any classic rock. Nirvana, and the 90's bands. uhm....inb4 That ICumBlood song by Cannibal Corpse?
Quote by JacobTheMe
"You" Radiohead.

All of Pablo Honey actually. **** you haters.

+1. If you don't at least know "You" and "Creep" gtfo. (Though I'm not much of a fan of Creep)

Everyone knows Piano Man.
Quote by ian5673
wonderwall by oasis?

this

and bohemian rhapsody.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by The_Paranoia
+1. If you don't at least know "You" and "Creep" gtfo. (Though I'm not much of a fan of Creep)

The link in this guys sig ftw
Quote by The_Paranoia

The metalhead begs to differ. These "songs" which are being nominated are cheap, non-memorable tunes spouted out the golden anus of mainstream music.

Do something edgy, TS, that'll make people be all, WHOA!

*yes, i love my high-horse, its a little chilly up here, but i have all my friends here with me, so fuck you*
Quote by Pernell
The metalhead begs to differ. These "songs" which are being nominated are cheap, non-memorable tunes spouted out the golden anus of mainstream music.

*yes, i love my high-horse, its a little chilly up here, but i have all my friends here with me, so fuck you*

Good try but Radiohead writes some great lyrics, better than any metal band IMO.
Paranoid, Iron Man, Crazy Train, One, Master of Puppets, Back in Black, Enter Sandman, Peace Sells, Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, In Bloom, Smells like Teen Spirit, Purple Haze, Livin' on A Prayer, Welcome to the Jungle, Free Bird, etc.
Quote by Pernell
Never listened to radiohead. never heard of Pablo Honey.

Candlemass-Well of Souls

thats right, blow their fucking minds

Right when I'm listening to Devil's Seed..

I don't think everyone knows Doom Metal though (but they should)
lol at out of touchness of UG.

dont know what your age-group is but my suggestion is too play any very well known POP song from the last few years. Possibly a classic cheesy pop song also.

from experience most teenagers dont actually know many rock classics so dont try that.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
It's More Than A Feeling....

More Than A Feeeeeeeeeeeling
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Pernell

Well the person with a wide variety of music tastes says that power chords put me to sleep, no matter the level of distortion.
/StereotypedMetal
Quote by The_Paranoia
Well the person with a wide variety of music tastes says that power chords put me to sleep, no matter the level of distortion.
/StereotypedMetal

I like power chords, they make me feel like im a musician.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by JacobTheMe
I like power chords, they make me feel like im a musician.

Don't worry, power chords are all I can play =/
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'N' Roses
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Back in Black or Highway to Hell - AC/DC
Poison - Alice Cooper
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
Quote by Pernell

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, most are good. And to the guy quoted above, please realize these students are high-school age and most don't care anything about songs that guitarists have an ear for. And whether you (or me for that matter) like the songs mentioned, many songs are memorable and people have a special bond to them. Even to myself, I enjoy some songs that have nearly zero musical worth purely because they stir emotions from middle school or other times in my life that I shared with these friends...

And to update on what I did play... Midnight Rider, some Citizen Cope, some Corey Smith (he's pretty big around here), John Mayer, Hips Don't Lie by Shakira (hell, it's catchy), Incubus, Our Song by Taylor Swift (it was a big sing-along hit)
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks