Sometimes on UG, finding a good lesson on something is either impossible or hard. Sometimes the best lesson doesn't cover some important parts or things to know.

Maybe you'd just like a lesson on something?

This threads here for:

1. Requesting a lesson. (To be made. But you better have searched hard to make sure theres not a lesson, otherwise we'll be angry... and link to you that lesson)

An entire lesson will only be made if current lessons either do not exist, or are all **** quality. Lesson's will only be made if someone wants to make a lesson on it. Lesson's may take a while to be made.

Be patient.

2. Maybe you found a really awesome lesson here on UG, but looking for it now you just can't seem to find it? We can help you search if you give us enough information about it. (Sometimes a good lesson on Scales is in the "For Beginners" section, and not the Scales section... just an example)

Now when requesting a lesson, please keep in mind that maybe no one can expand any better. We may only be able to give a "mini-lesson" in a post to expand on what you don't quite understand.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Check the stickies.

In AT (advanced Techniques) the technique sticky is a compilation of acquired knowledge over the years on almost any technique.

Here in MT there's a sticky that covers almost all Theory + links goon lesson on and off UG.

Still it's kinda a cool idea, but this whole forum is basically a "request a lesson" forum in that you can ask about any technique or theory related issue where everyone can reply.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 1, 2009,
I've noticed we get the same questions multiple times.

Rather then answering, we should link or make a lesson and link.

May cut down on the threads once people start to get the idea "If I ask x question, they'll just link me. I should just go find the lesson myself."

Or so I hope <.<

I also stay out of the AT area =p so I would have missed that... lol

Covering all theory, or covering bits. (Read my sig on correct practice, a book by some guy or another =p) It's better to learn in small chunks.

It's easier to find smaller chunks if you can find a lesson on it.

Some of our lessons here suck, and why link offsite if we can direct more traffic to this site by making a good lesson for here?

Quote by Invokke_Havokk
I've noticed we get the same questions multiple times.

Rather then answering, we should link or make a lesson and link.

May cut down on the threads once people start to get the idea "If I ask x question, they'll just link me. I should just go find the lesson myself."

Or so I hope <.<

I also stay out of the AT area =p so I would have missed that... lol

Covering all theory, or covering bits. (Read my sig on correct practice, a book by some guy or another =p) It's better to learn in small chunks.

It's easier to find smaller chunks if you can find a lesson on it.

Some of our lessons here suck, and why link offsite if we can direct more traffic to this site by making a good lesson for here?

But now you ironically did the same as what you proposed not to do;

"I also stay out of the AT area =p so I would have missed that... lol"

IF you checked you wouldn't have made this thread :p

And I sometimes refer people to my mode lesson, and so do most of the regulars often reply with links in their sigs or links to lessons on UG.

I know from experience and after writing 2578 posts with alot of them containing the same links that this thread is not gonna work.

Romantically yes it's a very good idea, but reality is different

Sometimes there are 4 mode thread on the same page. It doesn't matter, some people are just naturally lazy to check the page, or feel like their question gets answered better if they make their own thread on it in their own words.

I don't mind really 70% of the threads are things easily found in any decent theory lesson/article, but I like the odd "good" thread.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
But now you ironically did the same as what you proposed not to do;

"I also stay out of the AT area =p so I would have missed that... lol"

IF you checked you wouldn't have made this thread :p

And I sometimes refer people to my mode lesson, and so do most of the regulars often reply with links in their sigs or links to lessons on UG.

I know from experience and after writing 2578 posts with alot of them containing the same links that this thread is not gonna work.

Romantically yes it's a very good idea, but reality is different

Sometimes there are 4 mode thread on the same page. It doesn't matter, some people are just naturally lazy to check the page, or feel like their question gets answered better if they make their own thread on it in their own words.

I don't mind really 70% of the threads are things easily found in any decent theory lesson/article, but I like the odd "good" thread.

Wow, I was being a bit hypocritcal.

/facepalms and dies.

/reports own thread for closure.

EDIT:

Can't report your own posts/threads? ....1 IPB... 0 VB... -_-

Last edited by Invokke_Havokk at Mar 1, 2009,
^ you can delete your own threads. The simple fact is that people will talk before they listen. For some reason people tend to think they're problems with the instrument are special and won't listen to advice unless it's directed to them personally. Don't ask me why.