Poll Options
View poll results: Schedevil or Jim Root Telecaster
Shedevil
7 30%
Telecaster
16 70%
Voters: 23.
Hi,
I was set on buying the Shedevil, but then when ebay'ing I saw an amazing offer on the Telecaster. I'm looking for a guitar to use for drop B tuning. Now I can't decide which one I want. plz help !!

Schecter Shedevil pros:
-nice red binding and hot inlays (I REALLTY REALLY LOOOOOVE the look of this guitar)
-is not a signature
-a lot of people don't like it and refuse to buy it, so it's more or less unique-ish then if I'm one of the few who have one.
-Is cheaper when bought new (600-800)

Fender Jim Root Telecaster:
-EMG's
-More value (SRP 1000-1200, but found an offer of 680)
-Something used by and deemed worthy by Jim Root (one of my fave guitarists.I wanna play Stone Sour, Slipknot, etc.)
-the oxymoronic idea of a telecaster being used for metal is just sweet.

BTW, i also looked at the Ibanez MTM2, but I don't like it that much.

I know the Tele would be the wise decision, but i can't help but feel bad for not getting the Shedevil if I get it. So what would you do, any help is appreciated?
████████
████████
████████
id have thought a sig would be a disadvantage.

use your own, not someone elses

but it's your choice. which sounds and plays the best. looks come last .
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
The problem is these exact guitars are nowhere to be found in my local guitar shops. i tested out a regular Schecter C-1 and a regular Telecaster and liked the feeling of both, but seeing as this is not really precise, I must venture a guess how they will feel.
████████
████████
████████
Quote by Skywalker007
The problem is these exact guitars are nowhere to be found in my local guitar shops. i tested out a regular Schecter C-1 and a regular Telecaster and liked the feeling of both, but seeing as this is not really precise, I must venture a guess how they will feel.

Ya the Jim Root tele is far from a normal tele
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I'd have one other question i just thought of:
The Schecter has active pickups already, will i be able to put EMG's in it without needing to replace the other electronics? if yes, then the Shedevil might be getting a new pro added to the list.
████████
████████
████████
The pickups on the Shedevil I hear are pretty substandard. I'd go with the tele personally, although I dislike guitars with no tone knob.
Dickless.
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have the she-devil. It plays very nicely I would not call the pickups substandard at all they sound great through my amp. The guitar can handle alot of different styles from punk, rock, some blues even on the neck pickup, but it does metal best which is what i play most of the time. I know some schecters have thick necks but this one feel thiner to me then the hellraiser series. Overall its a good deal for $580.