Hi Im quite new to guitar pro and have version guitar pro 5. And I decided to try playing the song hypnotize by soad and when I tried to play after them I noticed that they didnt have the standard tuning. So how do I fix the tabs so they play eadgbe withouth changing the tabs? because if I change their tuning the tabs will automatically change. and If I transpose it down It might not be the original tabs. like a "4" on the G string has become a "0" B string and i dont want that

any help would be much appreciated
Quote by henningphan
Hi Im quite new to guitar pro and have version guitar pro 5. And I decided to try playing the song hypnotize by soad and when I tried to play after them I noticed that they didnt have the standard tuning. So how do I fix the tabs so they play eadgbe withouth changing the tabs? because if I change their tuning the tabs will automatically change. and If I transpose it down It might not be the original tabs. like a "4" on the G string has become a "0" B string and i dont want that

Why don't you just tune down?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
no, playing it in drop will be the only way to get the deep open sounds.
just drop tune, its not that bad.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
could someone actually answer this please? because i dont wanna tune down to drop C on my guitar with a FR to play a few songs.
If you need help tuning, go here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340

Quote by icesk8erqueen8
could someone actually answer this please? because i dont wanna tune down to drop C on my guitar with a FR to play a few songs.

You won't be able to play it the way you want to if you don't. Honestly, if you follow that thread link, you can tune in less than a minute. If you have a tuner, it can take even less. Tuning isn't that hard, and it doesn't take much time to do.

oh..... um, just don't learn that song then. Or just go down two full steps from each written note.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 1, 2009,
work out where the notes are? i mean it soad, how hard can it be?
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by icesk8erqueen8

you've gotten the best answer you can get.
just tune down. its part of playing guitar.
its an adventure.
it shows your not stupid.
do it.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Yeah, just tune down to match the tab, the transposition tool on GP5 doesn't work right, scrambles some of the notes (on my version anyway). Your using an FR? gonna have to buy a cheap tail-stop guitar for drop tunings
Last edited by oldkoolairbrush at Mar 1, 2009,
Do you mean changing the guitar parts on the tab so that they show the notes for standard?

Cause if you do: At the bottom where it has the sound controls and instrument settings etc, you click on the name of whatever it is you want to change "Guitar 1" etc. Then the properties for it will appear, you can then choose out of the library of tunings, click OK and it will transpose it for you.

EDIT: Though there is a good chance that this will mess up the notes, and potentially harder to play.
The whole drop-tuning thing is a fad that has been over-done to death, buy a seven-string or a baritone for low tunings w/a floyd rose, if you need anything lower than a B, then sell your guitar and take up bass for ****'s sake!
should probably start of first that I asked for a computer tecnical advice and you guys gave me none but atleast an answer

for oldkoolairbrush, I meant the fret, the G string fourth fret is the same as the B string, I think fret is the right word correct me if Im wrong.

SMH07 you are somewhat on the right spot, you are touching my problem: So I shall try to make it a bit more clear,
1. if I mark an instrument and press F6 the properties will show up.
2. I can change the tuning there very easy and guitar pro will transpose it to match the songs tuning.
3. I dont want guitar pro to transpose it. I just want to change the guitar tuning to eadgbe but the tabs to be unchanged.
4. I can change the tuning and gp will auto transpose it, and i can of course transpose it back but not always will it be the exact same tabs so it annoys me. And I wonder if there was some quick way to just play the gp having the instrument in the standard tuning without fiddling around.

thanks for helping me.
the thing is I want the the original tranposition, by clicking "no" will get me a transp that is a half step higher
Quote by oldkoolairbrush
The whole drop-tuning thing is a fad that has been over-done to death, buy a seven-string or a baritone for low tunings w/a floyd rose, if you need anything lower than a B, then sell your guitar and take up bass for ****'s sake!
That works great except if he wants to play the song in CGCFAD.

I can understand wanting to play it in standard. Constantly changing the tuning of your guitar can screw up the neck and downtuning tends to mess with the innotation. I have a guitar tuned in standard and one in CGCFAD and I keep it that way. I don't even tune to drop D on the standard one.
Quote by henningphan
should probably start of first that I asked for a computer tecnical advice and you guys gave me none but atleast an answer

for oldkoolairbrush, I meant the fret, the G string fourth fret is the same as the B string, I think fret is the right word correct me if Im wrong.

SMH07 you are somewhat on the right spot, you are touching my problem: So I shall try to make it a bit more clear,
1. if I mark an instrument and press F6 the properties will show up.
2. I can change the tuning there very easy and guitar pro will transpose it to match the songs tuning.
3. I dont want guitar pro to transpose it. I just want to change the guitar tuning to eadgbe but the tabs to be unchanged.
4. I can change the tuning and gp will auto transpose it, and i can of course transpose it back but not always will it be the exact same tabs so it annoys me. And I wonder if there was some quick way to just play the gp having the instrument in the standard tuning without fiddling around.

thanks for helping me.

Thats stupid anyway, you said it is in Drop C which is a dropped tuning, but want to play it in E Standard. It will sound like **** because your are playing a dropped tune song tuned up and in a standard, at least make it Drop D if you want to half ass it. Also, press "No" when it asks you if you want to transpose, mine does that and it should work for you.

Also, just tune down, it won't sound right in E Standard.

Quote by oldkoolairbrush

And you don't think E Standard is a fad and has been done to death? I have a friend who thinks anything that isn't in E Standard, Drop D, or 1/2 Steps Down is "****ed up".
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Last edited by shadesofanger at Mar 2, 2009,
first the song is played in standard but droped 1/2 making it D 1/2 i guess im not good at these terms so Im trying to use what you guys use.

I dont get how many times I have to say this but I shall try again.
Imagine guys!!
1. You have the song hypnotize (think of gp as a music player)
2. the song is played in D 1/2 and you have the tabs.
3. Your guitar is standard tuned and you really dont want to drop 1/2 ( dont argue on this point)
4. Is it possible to tune up the song to E instead of D 1/2 instead of tuning your guitar and playing gp in the standard tuning?

dude click on the track and then change the string tuning
and click no for transposition

Yeah that somehow solves my problems halfway, is there anyway to for e.g tune every instrument 1/2 up without changing the tabs? or do I have to fix ever instrument one by one?

because tuning one instrument 1/2 up will make that instrument sound bad with the rest of the band.... What Im looking for is a way to raise the tuning 1/2 with every instrument at the same time without transpose it.
Last edited by henningphan at Mar 2, 2009,
ok. i get what your saying. you want to tune the entire track up to E standard.

THATS ****ING STUPID!!!

just grow some balls and tune your damn guitar to Db and play the god damn song!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Omg what kind of forum is this, if you aint got the answer no need to reply. I like this forum because there are many members that helps and actually answers, all Im asking for is some advice to make it simplier. If there really is no solution I could always tune down but Im here asking for a solution

If a kid asked you how to play would you ask him to go to hell and not learn guitar because its easier?
Quote by henningphan
Omg what kind of forum is this, if you aint got the answer no need to reply. I like this forum because there are many members that helps and actually answers, all Im asking for is some advice to make it simplier. If there really is no solution I could always tune down but Im here asking for a solution

If a kid asked you how to play would you ask him to go to hell and not learn guitar because its easier?

This is the Pit, we talk about fapping, raping, and cumming blood, not for guitar advice, that is for the other forums.

Also, we answered your question, either click no when transponding the tuning, or tune down. That's the easiest way to do it.

If you want to tune all the instruments up then do the same thing you would on guitar for the bass.

There's not much more to it.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Last edited by shadesofanger at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by henningphan

There is a button in the top corner that looks like a down arrow
(the one with 5.0, not #b. It moves it down a string)

Click that for every note you want to move down
go from lower notes tohigher notes cos it will skip strings and make high ass frets
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....