Quote by KillerNapkin
bass amp is for bass guitar
guitar amp is for a guitar

/thread
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
One is for bass...lower sounds...usually bigger speakers.

One for guitar...basically opposite.

You can run a guitar through a bass amp no problem..
But a bass through a guitar amp could mess the amp up...
Bass Amps can stand the Low notes from a Bass. Guitar amps are made for more "higher" /octived notes. So a Bass Guitar into a Guitar amp is verrry bad. But Electric Guitar into A Bass Amp is fine because a bass amp can handle both the low end and high end.

Hope that clears some stuff up.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Quote by DudeItsAnya
Well I know that. What's the difference in the tone?

Bass amps are... well... bassier.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
A guitar amp can't physically produce the lower harmonics from a bass, and a bass amp can.
That's it.

[quote="food1010}Bass amps are... well... bassier.[/QUOTE"]
That's an EQ issue, nothing to do with the actual amp.
I've heard some pretrty trebly bass amps in my time.
Last edited by Casketcreep at Mar 1, 2009,
A bass amp has a lower frequency range, which is specified for bass guitar.

A guitar amp has a higher frequency range, which is specified for guitar.

You can damage a guitar amp with a bass guitar because the speakers are not made too handle the lower frequencies of bass.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Last edited by pandathe3 at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by KillerNapkin
bass amp is for bass guitar
guitar amp is for a guitar

wonderful

if your planning on using a guitar through a bass amp, it will be fine, however a bass will not work through a guitar amp (it will blow the speaker)

EDIT: sigged by the way
Last edited by 4 strings at Mar 1, 2009,
A speaker has to be able certain frquencies. The lowest most speakers used in guitar cabs can go is generally around 150hz or so. A low E is around 40hz. That would mean that the bass would be producing frequencies to low for the guitar speaker to handle. A bass speaker also needs more power to work at a better capacity, thats why you generally need 3x wattage the guitarist has, and generally more.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Also maybe if you were to put a crossover in front of your speaker in your guitar amp, and cut ereything below 200hz, your could probably use it, maybe?, im not sure... just an idea...
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Also maybe if you were to put a crossover in front of your speaker in your guitar amp, and cut ereything below 200hz, your could probably use it, maybe?, im not sure... just an idea...

Yeah, probably and it would sound horrible and nothing like a bass.
well, if you liked midsts what you would start at. Then again, i am using computer speakers as an amp for the mo.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
a bass in aguitar amp does NO NO NO damage i know this why do some people think it will damage a guitar amp???????????/bogus info
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by Dempsey68
stfu n00b

Dont be an ass. He doesnt know something and you cant criticize him for it. You were a beginner once too. So yeah.. YOU SHUT UP!!
Quote by FUT55
Dont be an ass. He doesnt know something and you cant criticize him for it. You were a beginner once too. So yeah.. YOU SHUT UP!!

Chill, read the thread and see that he has been warned.