Okay, me and my band member Luke have just done a recording of Rock You Like a Hurricane.

We're an online band, I live in Kansas, him in Virginia. Never practiced together before.

So, check out our cover on myspace at www.myspace.com/remoteplusctrl and have a listen, give us a link, and we'll double crit yours. thanks!

REMEMBER, the solo's arent the exact thing, and neither is rhythm, so if i sounds off, it's cause we IMPROV'd everything, THANKS!
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
it's pretty good. some parts were off on timing with each other, but that's understandable since it was done online and you don't have a drummer to keep on time.

Some of the improv was just okay, but other parts were great

good job
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by kylepianoman
it's pretty good. some parts were off on timing with each other, but that's understandable since it was done online and you don't have a drummer to keep on time.

Some of the improv was just okay, but other parts were great

good job

Thanks, yea, i see what you're saying with stuff being a tad bit off, and yea, my improv was kinda weird because i learned the backbone to the solo in like 20 minutes, so the rest was just me letting it out
I'm Luke.
Alright Ill Just crit this as things come up i guess.

First solo seems off? It seems like you hit a few wrong notes they didnt seem to flow properly.

Oh wow, much shorter than I expected. Ok well it was also already said that the timing seems off in a couple spots but yeah that would make sense and you did a pretty good job considering you are just doing this online with each other!

Overall Id say its an awesome starting spot and just practicing it a bit more and getting stuff down it will sound excellent. Good luck with it!!

~Soul

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078680
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
Thx for the crit

The Rhythm guitar is played really well, both guitars have a great tone, the lead guitar is slighly off in some parts and the lead is slightly loud you can't hear any other instuments
sone drums and bass would really liven up the song, i assume they usually do i've never heard this song before,
even if they're are midi they can still sound realistic,

in my songs all the bass and drum parts are done by computer the reason being that i don't have any
i use ezdrummer for the drums and that works great, the bass i haven't managed to find a program to liven them up.
Check out and rate my songs in my profile if you have a moment to spare
All my Songs are Rock Influenced
not bad, as you said yourself, timing's a bit off in places. I think both guitars were a bit phaser-y for my liking, maybe dial it down a bit in future, but it's a great starting point. I'd recommend if you both worked to some sort of click track in future, you'd be surprised at how much it helps. Keep it up anyway. Good job.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18845273#post18845273
Wow, thanks for all the crit, and anyone who posted a C4C will get a crit from me and evortre
I'm Luke.
Quote by Whiskey Tango
Yikes

Could you elaborate just a taaad bit more?
I'm Luke.
Im going to be honest, i think this needs A LOT of work, and i mean A LOT!

First, try to hit good sounding notes when improvising, not just anything cause it wont sound right, try to learn the basic pentatonic scale and use it to began improvising, every note will sound good and you wont have odd notes...

The rhythm was not tight at all, check the original, they dont miss a single beat!! try to practice with a metronome.

Learn to hear which notes sound good and which sound out to "depurate" the odd sounding ones from your solos.

Finally, the tone is very weak and sounds to MIDI-like...

All of those things can be improved if you pay attention to your own playing, just listen to your recording and compare it to the original and learn from there.

Now, C4C???

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075349