Okay, so this is a pretty simple question. However I'm kind of a noob regarding guitar maitenance (this is a bad thing, I know).

Basically my guitar is set up to use 10's.

I want to put 11's on my guitar but I fear that it might warp the neck a little bit.

...but then I had an afterthought.

I'm going to be playing in B Standard and Drop A. Would this cancel out the tension of 11's on a guitar set up for 10's? Or should I get my guitar set up for 11's (I really would prefer not to do this, seeing as I only want 11's this one time to try them).
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
well you can try it out, but going drop a ....that seems a bit crazy... you might have to even go with a 12 or 13 (I've seen 13s before with a 70 top, that might be what you'll have to do, but they don't fit through all peg winder holes so yeah...)

as far as your neck, going from 10 to 11 won't make a huge deal, especially if you say drop the tuning down from standard, but I will say when I tried drop B tuning (with l10s i think) it was like playing spaghetti for strings...so be warned
Quote by firebird103
well you can try it out, but going drop a ....that seems a bit crazy... you might have to even go with a 12 or 13 (I've seen 13s before with a 70 top, that might be what you'll have to do, but they don't fit through all peg winder holes so yeah...)

as far as your neck, going from 10 to 11 won't make a huge deal, especially if you say drop the tuning down from standard, but I will say when I tried drop B tuning (with l10s i think) it was like playing spaghetti for strings...so be warned

I'm in drop B with 10's right now. It is possible, but not desirable.

I was going to put a pack of 7 string strings on and drop the High E, but the lady at Guitar Center advised against this.

I only need it for a week or so, because a bunch of my friends keep bugging me to post Amon Amarth cover songs.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,