Page 1 of 3
So i read this article about how what kind of music you listen to, can influence your SAT scores...

I don't really find this to be true, i think it depends on WHO you are, i don't mean to group people, or sterotype, but smarter people listen to Beethoven and classical artists, while your.....less smart people, listen to only rap, and and other things, unless you listen to everything like me

What does The Pit think?
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Fat boy's shouldn't wear bras, they should be shot.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I'll bet TS was thinkin' "OMG T3h P1Tz iz gUNNa th!nk Im s0 c00l! ololololol!!!!"
but in reality we think you're an asshole, and we all hate you.
Dylan! **** yeah!!!
And Beethoven
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I think listening to you makes me lose IQ points.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
That's odd, I expected christian music to be the dumbest.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It must be bollocks, it's not displayed in the form of a pie chart
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
It are noett true ieam very smart!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
I think listening to you makes me lose IQ points.

Dude, calm the **** down, i didn't make the information i'm just broadcasting it...
Quote by Hadi The Ghost

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I'll bet TS was thinkin' "OMG T3h P1Tz iz gUNNa th!nk Im s0 c00l! ololololol!!!!"
Classical as a genre is somehow behind Classic Rock.

Like I said the first time I saw that list, it's inaccurate and all speculation. In other words, using Facebook as a main source doesn't convince me enough...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I think that actually believing this test is legitimate totally kills your sat scores
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I feel like I should pay you in sexual favors for that truly fapic story.

Quote by esther_mouse
Aww thank you sweetie Made my day a little bit brighter.

^that post and others like it made mine a Lot brighter.
not true. one of my best friends listens to rap and has the highest IQ of the whole school. suck his dick!!!
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by AcouticShredder
Dude, calm the **** down, i didn't make the information i'm just broadcasting it...

I WON'T CALM DOWN SIR, HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Jokes. I just wanted to say a **** joke.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
Haha! The proof!

There was a documentary like this on the radio the other day, only it wasn't Beethoven, it was Mozart (I listen mostly to Yngwie Malmsteen, does that count?).

If you look at all the music that makes you stupid, it's all rap (and Aerosmith), which most of the time the lyrics make no sense.

I would suppose people like me who occasionally listen to Nirvana might become stupid eventually. But hey, IQ of 134, my friend.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
well, i think it got the lower end vaguely right
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
I WON'T CALM DOWN SIR, HOW DARE YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Jokes. I just wanted to say a **** joke.

Oh...my bad, sorry i'm kind of edgy today, I apologize
Quote by Hadi The Ghost

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Haha! The proof!

There was a documentary like this on the radio the other day, only it wasn't Beethoven, it was Mozart (I listen mostly to Yngwie Malmsteen, does that count?).

If you look at all the music that makes you stupid, it's all rap (and Aerosmith), which most of the time the lyrics make no sense.

I would suppose people like me who occasionally listen to Nirvana might become stupid eventually. But hey, IQ of 134, my friend.

Does not compute.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i find this to be racist. look that he chart, as you go left it just gradually becomes whiter music.
Quote by Les Paul57
i find this to be racist. look that he chart, as you go left it just gradually becomes whiter music.

whiter?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by magnum1117
not true. one of my best friends listens to rap and has the highest IQ of the whole school. suck his dick!!!

but then again you don't really know...maybe if he started listening to classical he'd be a total genius
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Les Paul57

-----------------------------------

i like how reggae is to the left
then bob marley is to the right

stupidest chart i have ever seen, i listen from the far left(lil wayne) to teh far right(radiohead) and im in engineering doing fine

{
pointless thread is pointless
/thread
}
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 1, 2009,
Radiohead FTW!

But, why is Pink Floyd not on that list? They're intelligent and stuff like that.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
i like how reggae is to the left
then bob marley is to the right

No, Regaeton is on the far left, and that **** sucks
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Mar 1, 2009,
Jazz being behind Kelly Clarkson, Kayne West, techno, Blink 182, AC/DC, Green Day, MCR?

That says enough of this chart -.-
Last edited by -Rodion- at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
but then again you don't really know...maybe if he started listening to classical he'd be a total genius

holy...
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Bushinarin

You sir, are my hero, intelligence prevails
Quote by Hadi The Ghost

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Quote by Bushinarin

fine then
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by crazy8rgood
Radiohead FTW!

But, why is Pink Floyd not on that list? They're intelligent and stuff like that.

No, Regaeton is on the far left, and that **** sucks

pink floyd is on hte list
and reggae is directly above regaeton, while bob marley is down near the bottom towards the right... which in itself makes little sense

..take a lil longer lookin at the pic
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 1, 2009,
Lolz @ Lil Wayne.

This is pretty much BS though. I got 1350ish on the SAT and my favorite genre is Jazz (956).
clearly bollocks. And its not even like theres a pattern (e.g. lyrical issues and complexity, musical complexity, popularity). it just seems completely random. I could pull out thousands of examples of how its retarded but thats too much effort.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Mar 1, 2009,
I listen to something from every score partial and I've been a straight A student for pretty much my whole life. So I don't think that should really influence our scores. People who listen to the stuff that's on the lowest score partial are probably just ignorant and inbred. Well they are where I live....
Quote by lefthandman9876
the shins!

i was also very excited to see them there, and was hoping someone else would share my enthusiasm

you didn't let me down
Page 1 of 3