Page 1 of 4

When metal is between generations, it always falls back to its roots as loud angry rock for people who have basically never found a direction in life and want it to be someone else's fault.

Those people, called Crowdists, make any genre into generic crap because they're trying to use it as a means toward justifying themselves, so the pander and avoid any clear direction because they have no direction, and having direction is offensive to those without direction. That's why we have nu-metal (hip-hop, alternative and metal) and metalcore (post-punk and technical death metal) which are essentially carnival music, aiming to distract with radical diversity because it has no goal or anything to communicate except "it's not my fault, I'm horny and stoned and life sucks."

As we see metal magazines fail, bands fail, labels fail, and the large demographic who recently got attracted to metal start to lose attention and drift back toward their indie roots, people around us are going to start bemoaning the death of metal. Don't buy it. It's like a fat man watching the pounds slip away: we need the excess to die so we can move again.

Metal "died" in 1994, got replaced by a bunch of stand-ins from the indie rock and punk movements, and now is losing those fairweather friends so it can resume attracting quality people. Smart, powerful, independent-minded people do not jump into genres full of sheep because they know their music will get lost in the hordes of idiots clamoring for their 15 minutes of pseudo-fame.

Let the "inbetween generation" of metal (1995-2009) die a sordid, HIV-patient death. The rebirth is around the corner.

On watching the metal disaster play out

If you want good metal, you don't want to support metal -- you want to support only the good metal, otherwise the genre gets awash in mediocre stuff. Those mediocre bands, labels, magazines, etc. are starting to give up and go back to indie and punk, which is awesome. Cheer the fail of this intermediate, dying genre. For more information, see Assimilation.

I was about to take you seriously, then I saw your sig...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
elitist
███████████████████████████████████
hang on are you trying to say that there is no good metal around atm!?

lets see the blackening by machine head, sacrament and wrath by lamb of god, mastodons last two albums, trivium, children of bodom and opeth as mere examples

granted they may not be maiden, metallica, megadeth, slayer etc. but jesus man!
I don't even know whats going on.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
...wow. no, just no. As usual, a 'metal is dying' thread is retarded. who saw that coming? Metal isn't dying now, you're right about it. it also didn't die in '94. it hasn't died, and it shows no signs of doing so. now please go away and spew that **** somewhere else.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by rorywal

lets see the blackening by machine head, sacrament and wrath by lamb of god, mastodons last two albums, trivium, children of bodom and opeth as mere examples

You're validating his point, stop.

I have not understood why anusites shun all recent metal, there have been many amazing releases past 1995.
Metal of Death > Death of Metal

BEHERIT!! \m/
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by \Powerslave/
You're validating his point, stop.

I have not understood why anusites shun all recent metal, there have been many amazing releases past 1995.

validating his point my arse! i could have cited a ton of bands that prove him wrong!
Quote by rorywal

Fail.
Quote by The Evil Hat
...wow. no, just no. As usual, a 'metal is dying' thread is retarded. who saw that coming? Metal isn't dying now, you're right about it. it also didn't die in '94. it hasn't died, and it shows no signs of doing so. now please go away and spew that **** somewhere else.

And if it has died, it is now a kickass brain eating zombie that can now only be stopped by fire.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
no, honestly, you couldn't have. every band you listed is exactly what he's talking about. if you're trying to defend true metal, maybe you should stick to true metal.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by rorywal
validating his point my arse! i could have cited a ton of bands that prove him wrong!

He's saying most of the bands you cited are shit.

EDIT: zomgz elet4st musak is musak ppl genra dosnt matr yo peace
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Mar 1, 2009,
The people that write those articles (on anus.com) seem to literally live for heavy metal. They take it far too seriously... they're so severe it's laughable
You don't have a clue.

EDIT: To that guy talking about Trivium etc.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Metal of Death > Death of Metal

BEHERIT!! \m/

Seriously though, I'd like to see some justification of Metal's death.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by MetalMessiah665
He's saying most of the bands you cited are shit.

i get what he is on about but lets be fair they arent! i probably shouldnt have cited trivium cos EVERYONE hates them for no aparant reason but come on!
Quote by Scout1011
The people that write those articles (on anus.com) seem to literally live for heavy metal. They take it far too seriously... they're so severe it's laughable

I'm sure there are more people than me on here that take metal seriously. Anus just is very elitist, to an extreme degree.

^Generic metalcore that loves to steal Metallica's riffs, there's your reasoning.
I don't understand how "Anusities" actually pride themselves over the fact that they overanalyze a genre with as primitive a general attitude and mindset as metal and look for meaning where there is none.

I'm sure it's also useful to see how 19th century teutonic romanticism of the post-modern second wave of Germanian industrialism relates to the ideologies of 3rd tier Swedish pseudo-old school death metal bands.
I've found Jesus
Quote by rorywal
i get what he is on about but lets be fair they arent! i probably shouldnt have cited trivium cos EVERYONE hates them for no aparant reason but come on!

i'm not even saying that they're ****. what i'm saying is, for better or worse, they're exactly the kind of borderline metal material that he's talking about.
They also spout a fair amount of utter shite.

EDIT: This thread is moving too fast
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by rorywal

Yes, because of course that isn't based on opinion, everyone who doesn't like Trivium, Machine Head, or CoB are just being elitists .

ONE, TWO, FUKK YOU! *kastrates*
\m/ \m/
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by \Powerslave/
I'm sure there are more people than me on here that take metal seriously. Anus just is very elitist, to an extreme degree.

^Generic metalcore that loves to steal Metallica's riffs, there's your reasoning.

I take metal seriously, just all this extreme hessian culture crap, they look into it all far too much.
Quote by rorywal

Trivium sounded good 20 years ago when Slayer wrote the music. Now it's just self indulgent crap.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
You know what I've realized? He hasn't responded to any of the points made in this thread. Yet such threads like these always seem to draw a generous amount of attention.
Quote by Scout1011
I take metal seriously, just all this extreme hessian culture crap, they look into it all far too much.

I disagree.

For any artistic genre, there are shared beliefs and values. We're looking into those, and lo and behold, they connect up with a long tradition of Romanticist genres.

Metal is virtually identical to those in beliefs.

And for those of us who don't like to listen to mediocre music, it's important to avoid stuff that isn't worth our time. We want the best. We don't care about the rest and we feel no guilt for ignoring someone's dream if their music isn't as good as the dream.

We're about quality art because it makes life better. We don't need shallow entertainment.
Quote by rorywal
killswitch engage are the best metalcore band by far

believe it or not, this isn't a ****ing metalcore thread. goodbye.
Quote by rorywal
killswitch engage are the best metalcore band by far

*vomits* What inelitery is this!? Converge is easily the best metalcore band, mostly because they're not shitty gothenburg melodeath with gay vocals and terrible breakdowns.

EDIT:
Powerslave: No, Slaughter (the Canadian Deathrash band, not the gay Glam band).
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by Conservationist
Please list them.

Dol Goldor, a release often praised by those that frequent ANUS, was released in 1996. A year after you claim metal has died.
Quote by Conservationist
Please list them.

I know this is my opinion and all, but uuuh, I reckon you might enjoy some Spawn of Possession or Sotajumala? (All their releases are after 2000)
Quote by Conservationist
Please list them.

Most Opeth releases were after 1995

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
Their is still really good metal around.... other than that, I actually have no idea what the hell is going on in this thread.
Quote by The Evil Hat
believe it or not, this isn't a ****ing metalcore thread. goodbye.

my bad i posted that when someone mentioned that there were no good metal bands or somesuch and when i replied a ton of ppl had posted stuff that made it seem random

all this guy has done is made all of us who like metal argue about which bands suck etc!
Quote by Conservationist
We want the best. We don't care about the rest...

Who the hell are you....Ash Ketchum?
I've found Jesus
Page 1 of 4