in general, for gigging and practising, and everythine else.

would it be a good idea to swap my old strat (im unsure if its USA or MiM) for an epiphone LP with EMGs?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

What kind of LP? If it's a budget model then those new pickups wont change the fact that it's a low end starter guitar.Also,if you're playing through a SS amp then active pups wont be a huge improvement in anything.

Amp and construction quality before pickups.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i havent played or looked closely at it yet. im gonna go down to the store tomorrow and look at it closely, and assess its playing quality.

the only reason id want this one above others, is eventhough i have an SS amp, EMGs have to sound better than epiphone stocks right?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i havent played or looked closely at it yet. im gonna go down to the store tomorrow and look at it closely, and assess its playing quality.

the only reason id want this one above others, is eventhough i have an SS amp, EMGs have to sound better than epiphone stocks right?

They would,but trading a guitar that has most likely better construction quality for a low end guitar that has a decent set of pups in it doesn't make much sense.It'd probably be better to just mod the strat with some higher output pups instead of trading it for a shoddy low end Epi.If it's a custom or standard with EMG's then that's a different story though.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.