Hello Guys

Just finished recording for "Spanish Romance" Played on steel string acoustic guitar. Check out the video and pls comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvx46sptR6Q

^This Song is known as Spanish Romance and its from an unknown artist from 19th century. Its one of the most beautiful guitar instrumental piece. Tabs is also linked with my video details if anyone needs.
Sounds good, a few mistakes but hey nobody is perfect. I couldn't do as well as you. Awesome job man. Also your sound quality is great too.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Last edited by atlasguitar at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by atlasguitar
Sounds good, a few mistakes but hey nobody is perfect. I could do as well as you. Awesome job man. Also your sound quality is great too.

btw i had played my own version of the song.. its just a little different.

Sound was recorded with good inbuilt mic

Thx for replying.
This is a really great song to cover. You have a good rubato feel, and it sounds good, with only a few very minor mistakes. I would really like to hear this song faster though. care to crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1072345
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
You need to emphasise the bass notes a little more and you should be using rest stroke on the top note of the arpeggios to make them stand out a bit more.

To be honest, that was playing quite robotically and didn't sound very romantic at all. You have the technique down but you're not getting the "feel" of the music, the parts where you slowed down and sped up just seemed random and didn't do much more than make me wonder what you were doing.

The ending of the phrases (the E-Minor chord are the end of the first phrase) was played too brightly and happily, the first section of the piece is intended to be sad and mournful, the way you played the chord at the end of that section sounded more like you were sad and then got over it spontaneously, it really killed the mood of the music.

Your tone is alright, can't really be judged though because you're playing it on a steel string and a sweet tone is easier to get from that but I guess you're doing it right.

It was alright, just needs some ironing out and some vibrato here and there.
Quote by XianXiuHong
You need to emphasise the bass notes a little more and you should be using rest stroke on the top note of the arpeggios to make them stand out a bit more.

To be honest, that was playing quite robotically and didn't sound very romantic at all. You have the technique down but you're not getting the "feel" of the music, the parts where you slowed down and sped up just seemed random and didn't do much more than make me wonder what you were doing.

The ending of the phrases (the E-Minor chord are the end of the first phrase) was played too brightly and happily, the first section of the piece is intended to be sad and mournful, the way you played the chord at the end of that section sounded more like you were sad and then got over it spontaneously, it really killed the mood of the music.

Your tone is alright, can't really be judged though because you're playing it on a steel string and a sweet tone is easier to get from that but I guess you're doing it right.

It was alright, just needs some ironing out and some vibrato here and there.

Thanks for ur critic.. it will sure let me improve my skills.
For repling, it was actually my first song in which i was trying rubato style. So that can explain y it may seemed lill random at sm places as i dont have much experience with rubato. as i know its more about getting the feel for the song and i just feeled like playing that way. And about the musical mood thing, well i think it will improve with practice ot rubato tecnique. I realy dont have much idea about sad and happy parts for the song, and hope it will come with time and practice. BTW i forgot to mention I am not much into classical.. more in rock and stuff