Ok check my sig for current gear. I play Grunge (Not Nirvana they sold out) and Classic Rock (Hendrix, Led Zep, Cream) and some modern stuff (White Stripes, RATM, Foo Fighters) and I was thinking about maybe a digitech hot head but idk. Also dont waste a post and say Whammy because It is getting shipped in the mail to me.
Oh Hey look at my signature
i know its not a pedal but if you like RATM why not get a killswitch that adds a great effect to your playing if you do tom morello style stuff
with a $300 budget u can do much better than the digitech hot head. i havent had a chande to try that many pedals, but ive heard good things about the big muff pedal, and the vox satchurator
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by noddy-whack
i know its not a pedal but if you like RATM why not get a killswitch that adds a great effect to your playing if you do tom morello style stuff

I was thinkin about that and since I know a guy that works at radioshack and can get me some stuff it will be free.
What kinda pedal are you after? I'd really recommend a new amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I don't know why you would spend $300 on a pedal when there are clearly better things you could spend your money on... like a new amp or something.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Quote by wicket_nirvana
with a $300 budget u can do much better than the digitech hot head. i havent had a chande to try that many pedals, but ive heard good things about the big muff pedal, and the vox satchurator

yeah the big muff is definatley on my maybe list. which i will continue to add to as people post on the thread.
the ibanez jemini is cooool two types of distortion on it, like 2 pedals in one lmao
Quote by wicket_nirvana

The Big Muff should be good for grunge and The White Stripes and stuff like that. TS should be able to get a useable classic rock sound from his amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
The Big Muff should be good for grunge and The White Stripes and stuff like that. TS should be able to get a useable classic rock sound from his amp.

yeah my amp gets a good classic tone. even my Bad Monkey with the right settings could.
those way huge pedals sound badass, theres the swollen pickle and fat sandwich.

i was suckered into buying a digitech rp150 or something when i first started playing and it died a year later, so i will swear off of digitech.

i like my big muff, but sometimes wish I got the US version because its dirtier

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
I say skip the Big Muff, TS, and Bad Monkey and get a Fulltone OCD.

But seriously, if you have $300, why go for the low end brands?
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Quote by REV3LATI0N
those way huge pedals sound badass, theres the swollen pickle and fat sandwich.

i was suckered into buying a digitech rp150 or something when i first started playing and it died a year later, so i will swear off of digitech.

i like my big muff, but sometimes wish I got the US version because its dirtier

yeah i'll probably get the US Big Muff
Seriously, look for a used Peavey Classic 30. You'll get a much warmer tone, the Cube is a bit too harsh for some Grugne or Modern Rock.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Khoifish321
I say skip the Big Muff, TS, and Bad Monkey and get a Fulltone OCD.

But seriously, if you have $300, why go for the low end brands?

Electro Harmonix is definately not a low end brand. The Bad Monkey is a really good pedal, some say it's more useable than the Tubescreamers seeing as you can control the mid hump. I remember the OCDs being very meh, and he wont need one if he's already got a good classic rock tone from his amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Seriously, look for a used Peavey Classic 30. You'll get a much warmer tone, the Cube is a bit too harsh for some Grugne or Modern Rock.

I was thinking about getting a Peavey ValveKing 112 combo
Quote by BlackDog55
I was thinking about getting a Peavey ValveKing 112 combo

From what I played of it, the VK is more geared towards heavy rock and metal. The cleans are decent and the crunch/light OD is mediocre.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
From what I played of it, the VK is more geared towards heavy rock and metal. The cleans are decent and the crunch/light OD is mediocre.

I have played it and found it to be pretty decent with my pedals.
Fair enough, whatever fits your taste, but I'm not too fond of the thing

Quote by eggsandham2
Save up another $150 and buy a used Peavey Classic 30 or Fender HRD.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com