I was jamming with my friend in the usual spot I'm set up(my house, he was set up in the same room but at a different wall socket), and when I touched his guitar strings I felt a weak shock(A tingling sensation), and was wondering if anyone could potentially offer an explanation for this? We've jammed together a few times at his place but this never happened before.
Hi.
YOU CROSSED BEAMS!

either that or one of you has slight grounding issues.

Or maybe just static shock.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
maybe you two share a magical connection ...

agreed - you were touched by the power of rock.
Quote by jimRH7
agreed - you were touched by the power of rock.

Do you have birthmarks that, when put together, create an awesome band name?
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
^^^Ok, ok. I agree. Sometimes.

Anyways... I'm not much of an electrician, but perhaps if you were on the same circuit, you could be completing the circuit? Or someone's grounding wire came loose. At least, as far as my knowledge goes.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by Casketcreep
People here really aren't much help.

Get your gear PAT tested.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
my strat shocks the hell outta me if i play it by my water bed. i solved the problem: i quit playing by water lmao
Quote by mustangjay
my strat shocks the hell outta me if i play it by my water bed. i solved the problem: i quit playing by water lmao

We've only just got over a thread with similar remarks, please this is a serious subject and no I'm not trying to be a downer on humour
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I decided to plug my bass into the wall directly rather than through a power bar, but I'm unsure if that will rectify the problem unless it was running over the max load.
Hi.
Its probably just static. Unless it continues to happen dont worry. Or, if your house is rather old IT could have a grounding issue. I played in this old chaple once and every time our lips touched a mike it would shock us. This doesnt usually happen there but it did when the huge pa system was set up. So it could be an overload too.... hmm...
is the shock a steady tingling or just a split second shock?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by capslockisnton
is the shock a steady tingling or just a split second shock?

A steady tingling
Hi.
there was a previous thread on electric shocks, without the idiotic comments ( ). I posted in it i think...
Now that the lame(but somewhat funny) comments are out of the way, perhaps some real responses could be posted :l.
Hi.