Hey guys. Wich amp have the best sound for the price? For RHCP, Pink Floyd, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Eric Clapton, etc.. I will swap the speaker, off course. The mainly question is that the HB have a 10' speaker and the VK have a 8' speaker. What you say?
cheers
The Royal 8 probably doesn't have enough gain, stock, for Pink Floyd-ish stuff if you're going to be doing Gilmour's leads, unless you crank it way up.

Not too sure about the HB.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Allright . I already had thinking about buying a ProCo Rat to do the leads, inclusive the Gilmour lead . More opinions?
The Rat is a great pedal. I have one. You'll need a delay pedal for Gilmour. I like my Digidelay. Got it used for $45. They are $100 new.
The HB possibly will have better sound than the vk right?
Quote by Op3a
Allright . I already had thinking about buying a ProCo Rat to do the leads, inclusive the Gilmour lead . More opinions?

Just don't buy a new Rat.
Production quality is really low on the more recent ones.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Op3a
The HB possibly will have better sound than the vk right?

God no,

I bought a GA15 a few months ago specifically to tear out the guts and build my own amp inside its chassis. before i gutted it though i tested it out. the amp itself is "ok...ish" but the onboard speaker is utter garbage. it sounded pretty good through a proper cabinet but i still wouldn't use it.

i tore out the board and dumped it, now i have a nice little 14watt amp in there and it rules
Quote by TheDriller
God no,

I bought a GA15 a few months ago specifically to tear out the guts and build my own amp inside its chassis. before i gutted it though i tested it out. the amp itself is "ok...ish" but the onboard speaker is utter garbage. it sounded pretty good through a proper cabinet but i still wouldn't use it.

i tore out the board and dumped it, now i have a nice little 14watt amp in there and it rules

But i will swap the speaker anyways
fly135: i can only confirm that , as stock, the GA15 sounds terrible.

Op3a: even with an external speaker it wasn't great, it was ok-ish. kinda lifeless and not all pretty and warm like a good valve amp should be. consider the cost of getting it and changing the speaker, its possible that you could get a better amp for less total cost.
^can you give me an exemple of an other amp?
cheers
Last edited by Op3a at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by TheDriller
fly135: i can only confirm that , as stock, the GA15 sounds terrible.
So the Peavey may be just as bad. A lot of people think the Epi Valve Jr sounds bad. I have both the head/cab and the combo. The combo sounds much worse than the head/cab.