What are some good headphones?

I want the kind where if people are talking, it cancels the noise from outside.

I also want it to be where if you crank it, other people cant tell.

What headphones would you suggest?

And I dont mean studio headphones, I mean headphones for like cd, or computer. The kinds Best Buy would have.
I was at Best Buy and tried out these Dr. Dre-branded headphones...**** was crazy!

The sound was really the best I have EVER heard. But they were $300....
I have a pair of Bose headphones and I love them... Great noise cancelling, and the quality is pretty nice. I could have gotten something better but I didn't exactly have the money to go to the next step.
Quote by GogglesVK
I was at Best Buy and tried out these Dr. Dre-branded headphones...**** was crazy!

The sound was really the best I have EVER heard. But they were $300....

http://www.beatsbydre.com/
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
centrios (sp?) has those nice little orange ones. they are the only ones ive used for the past year. The only downside is that you have to find a good EQ setting, and the little rubber pieces fall easily.
You'll want CLOSED headphones. If they say "open" or "open/dynamic", the headphones will have a more natural-sounding tone, but they won't isolate very well.

Depending on your price range, I'd say the Sennheiser HD 202 (~$30), HD212 (~$60), or HD 280 (~ $85 on Amazon when I ordered, about $100 most other places).

The HD 280 is absolutely fantastic for isolation. I sometimes wear it one-eared in class out of fear of not hearing something crucial to the current assignment (though most of the time, I just block out everyone and everything around me ). It can even comfortably attenuate the machinery in the projector room at the theater where I work, a feat no other headphones have yet accomplished. However, the opinions are "love 'em or hate 'em" regarding sound quality. Personally, I love 'em, but do your research.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Mar 1, 2009,
There are some things you need to answer in order to help you...

1. What type of headphones do you want? In Ear? Portable sized headphones? Full sized over ear headphones?
2. For noise canceling, there are two options. (a) Active noise cancelling. This system plays back a noise into your ears to cancel out the ambient noises. (b) Closed headphones. These are for the full sized over ear headphones only. They work by trapping the air surrounding your ear.
3. What's your price range?

I have an open designed over ear Sennheiser headphone. Sounds great for only $45 CAD on sale.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Quintessence153
You'll want CLOSED headphones. If they say "open" or "open/dynamic", the headphones will have a more natural-sounding tone, but they won't isolate very well.

Depending on your price range, I'd say the Sennheiser HD 202 (~$30), HD212 (~$60), or HD 280 (~ $85 on Amazon when I ordered, about $100 most other places).

The HD 280 is absolutely fantastic for isolation. I often wear it one-eared in class out of fear of not hearing something crucial to the current assignment. It can even comfortably attenuate the machinery in the projector room at the theater where I work, a feat no other headphones have yet accomplished. However, the opinions are "love 'em or hate 'em" regarding sound quality. Personally, I love 'em, but do your research.

I've tried those... A friend has them and they're very nice... Listen to this guy, they really are pretty sweet headphones.
Quote by xaviergray
Trust me, you don't actually want completely isolating headphones. Unless you're either working in a studio situation, or are on an airplane, they're not actually that useful.

I prefer isolating headphones, I hate background noise when I'm listening to music. Especially the girls on my college bus who laugh like retards at everything, they make me want to stab their eyes out
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
I prefer isolating headphones, I hate background noise when I'm listening to music. Especially the girls on my college bus who laugh like retards at everything, they make me want to stab their eyes out

Ah, I see. College girls are a reasonable exception, I suppose.
I've got this big Koss ones that cover your head. They're good but people can still hear you. And they were like 20 bucks, I can't hear **** other than my music.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
senns are good.

HD280 is a good choice.

If you don't want over-ears, and prefer the earbud kinds, then look into IEM (in-ear monitors)
Ultimate.ears, shure, and ultrasone make god IEMs.