I need a guitar that is ideal for metal, but is cheap as well. I want it to have a fast neck as well because I'd like to play fast **** on it.

By cheap I mean around $300-700
jackson dinky! or RR3 if youre into the V thing.
I think jackson has the best metal guitars unless you want a warmer sound or you think fat necks are fast. jackson ahs thin necks and i think ibanez has real thin necks too.

if you liek fat necks, get schecter. they have the fattest necks ever. pretty much..
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by famous1234
Jackson Dinky

+1 to you.

Jacksons have that sexy "shredding your brains out" sound.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Jackson FTW!!!
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Ibanez or Jackson.

For Ibanez, an RG. Maybe the RG350DX or a RG3EX1 or RG5EX1 or something.

For Jackson, Dinky, Warrior, or a RR model.

But really, a lot of it depends on your amp. You could make a Squier Strat be a metal guitar with the right setup.
Maybe an Ibanez S, those are great.

Jacksons are excellent too.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
A Squier with the rest of the money on mods. Will overthrow any guitar in the range
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
schecter c-1 fr hellraiser possibly? may be over your budget. i think its $700.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
schecter hellraiser , jackson dinky , bc rich junior v (nothing really junior about it ) ibanez s series are ultra light guitars ..i would pick the schecter ..well i did lol
smacking bone kydd
Used Ibanez RG550. Extremely thin neck, good pickups, excellent trem (Original Edge).
Quote by littlephil
Used Ibanez RG550. Extremely thin neck, good pickups, excellent trem (Original Edge).

This.It shames every other suggestion so far.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

depends, do you want a thin, overly trebly, tone? go for an ibanez.
want a warm tone? jackson.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616

Opinion. Not fact.
Quote by metallicafan616

Yes because well all know that alder bodied bolt on neck instruments are known for being very warm..........

I could dissect this post with logic and specific examples form years of playing both brands,but I will instead call you a dick and leave you with this little guy to keep you amused >

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by metallicafan616

Lol... yes, basswood and alder are SOOO different tonally

TS, i agree to looking for a used ibanez (So long as it has an original edge, lo-pro edge, edge pro, ZR, or edge zero trem) or even a new one if used is out of the question (as long as it doesn't have an edge 3).

Jackson is a good choice, probably as close to ibanez necks as you can get without buying an ibanez. I've seen used DK2s go for as little as $350.
the pickups of the guitars have tried in this range are terrible on ibanez guitars. overly thin and trebly however i eq'd them. jacksons were nice and warm sounding.

although i do prefer the ibanez necks, and saying ibanez iz crap is an opinion, saying they are trebly in that range is fact from the guitars ive tried.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Could you give me advice with that lol?

Check under the pickguard for the routing - if it's already routed for a humbucker then you can replace the pickguard and get new pickups. Alternatively get a single-coil sized humbucker like the Dimarzio Super Distortion S.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hello Kitty Strat+ EMG 81/85= Br00tal sounds.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
u can have a jcm800 and that hting can make a squire sound like 1000 dollar guitar
p.s if u get a jackson the floyd rose isnt that good on the basic jacksons u need a midrage -expensive one to get a quality jackson
smacking bone kydd
Jackson Kelly, Rhoads, King V, Dinky, Warrior, all beautiful guitars mad to shred. Like the guy above said, if you get a jackson, get a Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose, Jackson makes them great. If you choose an Ibey, not my personal choice but whatever, don't get one that has an edge 3 on it, you will hate yourself for as long as you own it.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Mar 2, 2009,