I have seen no albert collins threads lately so i decided to make one myself. This guy is one of the best guitarists in my opinion cus of his style of playing guitar, and how it fits in so well with the rest of his band and his vocals. what do you guys think of him?
One of my favorite blues guitarists. The Iceman himself. It was just a nice break in the mold to hear a blues tone that wasn't that smooth, neck, Strat tone. His backing band was amazing, though his vocals weren't the best in my opinion. Ice Pickin' is an awesome album. What really amazed me though was the fact that he had a capo so high on the neck (9th fret and up) and was still able to do such bends. The Showdown album with Johnny Copeland and Robert Cray was a gem as well.
I'm not a big fan, but his tone is superb, his voice is equal to that and I do really like his outburst style (where he just intermittently blurts out short guitar runs and squeals). But I couldn't listen to him all day. I find him a little limited, possibly because he limits himself with the high-fret capo. Certainly got tinges of soul, funk and flamboyance. All good stuff.
I love his style, he had some of the best tone ever, and I sincerely mean ever, and it all came screaming from his fingers.

as far as music goes, Frosty is probably one of the best blues instrumentals of all time, great lick after great lick, and he punctuates his playing so well, he puts those pauses in, and they just make you absorb everything so well,

I like his voice also, his music is almost classifiable as R&B at times.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I Ain't Drunk,
I'm just drinking!

Close to my favourite guitar player ever.
Not much more to say than what has already been said.
I know a guy who can pretty much play in his style, it's insane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QITSGQUPPkM
A shameless plug for him.

He's also got Jimmie Vaughan down...
Last edited by JilaX^ at Mar 2, 2009,
you know him?

I swear to god I was so close to posting this about half an hour ago, because Borny sounded scandanavian and he's one of the few people on youtube that pulls off good collins covers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGfvH55YLA&feature=related
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
you know him?

I swear to god I was so close to posting this about half an hour ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLGfvH55YLA&feature=related

Yeah.

Mostly through the internet though. Met him briefly at the biggest blues festival in Norway, after we both played at this contest, and added him on MSN afterwards. And figured we share a lot of stuff when it comes to taste in music.
He's an amazing guitar player and an amazing guy.

He's gonna make it big...
Last edited by JilaX^ at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by JilaX^
Yeah.

Mostly through the internet though. Met him briefly at the biggest blues festival in Norway, after we both played at this contest, and added him on MSN afterwards.
He's an amazing guitar player and an amazing guy.

He's gonna make it big...

cool, I remember watching that video like, a year ago, that video is why I decided to do Frosty for the blues duels last year, he nailed collins' tone, and I was really impressed with his chops, he is an incredible player for his age, hell for most any age

thats pretty cool man
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by Carswell98
cool, I remember watching that video like, a year ago, that video is why I decided to do Frosty for the blues duels last year, he nailed collins' tone, and I was really impressed with his chops, he is an incredible player for his age, hell for most any age

thats pretty cool man

Yeah, and he's got that tone through a Fender SS amp...
damn, thats even more impressive
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...