I'm looking at the Blackstar HT-5, although it doesn't seem to offer things like reverb?

I'm not looking to go above 20 watts. It's for home/practice - mostly low/mid volume use. And a little bit of jamming with my buddy who plays bass.

Just not sure 5 watts is capable of covering the spectrum? Anyone with experience there? This will be my first tube amp. Looking for a combo for convenience as well.

It needs to be capable of hard rock/ metal - with or without the use of an OD.

Max budget = $500 usd.

Edit: Anyone know anything about the Blackheart Handsome Devil?
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
Last edited by jgleason82 at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
just get a reverb pedal if its that big a deal, but the blackstar is so good that shouldnt be a deal breaker.

Was wondering about that. Can the Blackstar get loud enough to jam out though when needed?
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
the blackstar HT - 5 is not a bad choice for rock/metal and other modern stuff. but seriously, that's only my opinion. any chance that you'll be able to test one at a nearby store? you'll really be able to make a good decision there.

5 watts tube will give you i think just enough to jam with a bassist or with a full band if you really push it.

i have no other reccomendations.
Quote by daryle_goh
any chance that you'll be able to test one at a nearby store?.

No, sadly. The local stores here aren't very helpful, so I'm trying to get an idea of what to specifically look for, so I can locate dealers and drive there on my days off.
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty