Page 1 of 2
Holy **** guys. I just finished watching this movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" All about Quantum Physics and states of conciousness. DUDES that was some heavy ****!!! They said that reality is projected from your minds at such a fast rate that it all looks clear and real. WTF MATES!! I don't really know if this is bull**** or not but its some deep theories! Anyone seen it? or even have opinions on Qu. Phys.?
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by SweatyMushrooms
****!! man !! Thats ***********!!! awesome!!!! I'm so *******!! high!!1

no.. just no.

and also theres loads of theories on a lot of shit.. we'll find out one day..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

DUDES? MATES? ****?? wow, sounds interesting. why don't you go figure out what quantum physics is, and come back later.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Wow. And after all that, you still don't know that it's spelled quantum with a U, not an A. Nice.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by stratdud39
they're all theories, i dont think any of them have been proved

You can't prove a scientific theory :O
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
actually i spelt it right the second time. Also its not my fault that they called it QuantUm Physics and led me to believe so. So don't flame me your intelligent people!
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by ACG
You can't prove a scientific theory :O

because after that, it becomes a scientific FACT

*head explodes*
RIP Dimebag
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
Sounds similar to the Matrix except without all the cool stuff.
Quote by _testament_
Go drink some fucking bleach, asshole.

Gear
Jackson RX10D - Fitted with a Bareknuckle Warpig
Ibanez SA36FM
Squire Strat
Marshall MG250DFX
Boss Metalzone

For Sale:

Kustom 10w amp
Various Daphon Pedals
Quote by ascendancy2
anyone want a rolo?

Those are so delicious
I ate them last night whilst learning about the amazing facts about space. Mind blowing lol
Quote by RPGoof
Those are so delicious
I ate them last night whilst learning about the amazing facts about space. Mind blowing lol

White chocolate Toblerone bars > all other candy.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by stratdud39
they're all theories, i dont think any of them have been proved

well scientific theory has given us the atomic bomb, medicine, machines....

pretty much everything we've done so far has been done because of a theory, so i'd say they're pretty accurate.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I agree it's a pretty interesting movie and no doubt quantum mechanics has the potential for really crazy stuff. However you have to take a lot of it with a grain of salt, most if not all of the scientists that speak in it are not reputable at all. A lot of the stuff in it is pure BS.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by greatone_12
I agree it's a pretty interesting movie and no doubt quantum mechanics has the potential for really crazy stuff. However you have to take a lot of it with a grain of salt, most if not all of the scientists that speak in it are not reputable at all. A lot of the stuff in it is pure BS.

Yeah that Schroedinger and his wave equation as well as Eigen values, Hamiltionian operators, angular momentum, symmetry and our entire understand our the the atom itself should be taken with a grain of salt because it's all just theory.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by Waterboy799

pretty much everything we've done so far has been done because of a theory, so i'd say they're pretty accurate.

well that's what they said about god, too.

everything is considered proven until unproven, and most of science has only been proven on earth or near the earth. noone really KNOWS how anything works on a quantum level, but then again this thread really has nothing to do with quantam physics anyways
That movie raped james bond for all he was worth.

...wait.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by CoreysMonster
well that's what they said about god, too.

wat

Quote by CoreysMonster

everything is considered proven until unproven, and most of science has only been proven on earth or near the earth.

Scientific method: has you ever herd of it?

Quote by CoreysMonster

noone really KNOWS how anything works on a quantum level, but then again this thread really has nothing to do with quantam physics anyways

No, our understanding of mechanics on the sub atomic scale is pretty decent actually. We know how **** works at the quantum level. Without an adequate knowledge of that, your computer wouldn't work.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
Yeah that Schroedinger and his wave equation as well as Eigen values, Hamiltionian operators, angular momentum, symmetry and our entire understand our the the atom itself should be taken with a grain of salt because it's all just theory.

You know nothing of schroedinger and his wave equation.... You filthy chemist you

Oh god how I enjoy quantum chemistry xD
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by darthteet

I didn't say anything about theories, gravity is a theory. Good theories can almost have more value than a fact because they can't be disproved even by instances that seem to be contrary.

The claims the movie makes are ridiculous, like that you can influence water molecules with your mind and that there is no need for antidepressants. The things you mentioned are all very valid, the movie uses pseudoscience to misinterpret their meanings.
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Quote by Guitardude19
You know nothing of schroedinger and his wave equation.... You filthy chemist you

Oh god how I enjoy quantum chemistry xD

We're doing physical chemistry at the moment and I did physics for all of last year.

Get to bed you silly alchemist.

Quote by greatone_12
I didn't say anything about theories, gravity is a theory. Good theories can almost have more value than a fact because they can't be disproved even by instances that seem to be contrary.

I want to punch you so bad right now.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Last edited by darthteet at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by BeastTheBand
Holy **** guys. I just finished watching this movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" All about Quantum Physics and states of conciousness. DUDES that was some heavy ****!!! They said that reality is projected from your minds at such a fast rate that it all looks clear and real. WTF MATES!! I don't really know if this is bull**** or not but its some deep theories! Anyone seen it? or even have opinions on Qu. Phys.?
And what has that got to do with quantum mechanics? It's just people using big words they don't understand to confuse stupid people. Like YOU.

Now kindly set yourself on fire, jump into a grave and die.
Quote by darthteet
We're doing physical chemistry at the moment and I did physics for all of last year.

Get to bed you silly alchemist.

Alchemy ftw! I can turn water into wine

*Takes jug of water... Puts under table.. Takes jug of wine from under table and puts on table*

And turn Lead into gold!

*Takes Lead... Puts under table.. Takes gold from under table and puts on table*
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Alchemy ftw! I can turn water into wine

*Takes jug of water... Puts under table.. Takes jug of wine from under table and puts on table*

And turn Lead into gold!

*Takes Lead... Puts under table.. Takes gold from under table and puts on table*

I can see why people would fall for that actually.

I mean, you turned water into wine! What's to be sceptical about?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
wat

Scientific method: has you ever herd of it?

No, our understanding of mechanics on the sub atomic scale is pretty decent actually. We know how **** works at the quantum level. Without an adequate knowledge of that, your computer wouldn't work.

they said about god that he explained everything, as well, just like we say about science today.

the scientific method, where, as I believe, something is still considered proven until unproven, and no matter what you say, you can never be 100% sure that the same physical laws apply to all the matter in all the universe.

And no, our understanding of mechanics on the sub atomic level is still based around a lot of guess-work, and no matter how well some of it might be applicable in practice, most of it is still unproven.

EDIT: for instance, the theory of gravity, one of the most simple and basic laws of physics, has never been proven, because no one really knows EXACTLY what the hell it is, and there are many scientists who doubt the traditional explanation of gravity and who are working on dis-proving the whole thing.

there is a difference between maths and physics, maths are always correct, while physics never really are. that's because maths is the science that describes a system that is man-made, and thus easily follows the logic of man, while physics is the attempt to describe nature through man-made ways.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by Waterboy799

o yeah im not saying i disagree
Quote by CoreysMonster
they said about god that he explained everything, as well, just like we say about science today.

In your owns words describe science.

Quote by CoreysMonster

the scientific method, where, as I believe, something is still considered proven until unproven, and no matter what you say, you can never be 100% sure that the same physical laws apply to all the matter in all the universe.

Things are considered 'unproven' until 'proven', then they have to be 'disproved'.

Quote by CoreysMonster

And no, our understanding of mechanics on the sub atomic level is still based around a lot of guess-work, and no matter how well some of it might be applicable in practice, most of it is still unproven.

No, it's really not. So much so that we have directly imaged both the wave and particle nature of electrons.

Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: for instance, the theory of gravity, one of the most simple and basic laws of physics, has never been proven, because no one really knows EXACTLY what the hell it is, and there are many scientists who doubt the traditional explanation of gravity and who are working on dis-proving the whole thing.

there is a difference between maths and physics, maths are always correct, while physics never really are. that's because maths is the science that describes a system that is man-made, and thus easily follows the logic of man, while physics is the attempt to describe nature through man-made ways.

Wrong on about eighty-four different levels.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Last edited by darthteet at Mar 1, 2009,
Quote by BeastTheBand
Holy **** guys. I just finished reading this site "timecube.com" All about TRUTH. DUDES that was some heavy ****!!! They said that reality is TIME IS CUBIC HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE QUEER GOD. WTF MATES!! I don't really know if this is bull**** or not but its some deep theories! Anyone seen it? or even have opinions on DR. GENE RAY, WISEST AND MOST CUBIC HUMAN?

Fixed.
Quote by peaceonearth52
DUDE! that's insane! we should like totally watch that **** now!

FUCK!

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
ahh the scientists have arrived jenkins. I say! to pull up my duffel chair for me, oh and fetch me a cup of tea. This may get entertaining!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by darthteet

I want to punch you so bad right now.

Why? You don't agree that theories have value? A scientific law describes how an instance will occur given certain conditions, but a theory explains why something behaves a certain way. Thus am I not right to think that good theories can have an incredible amount of value because they can't be easily disproved by a single instance as a law can.
Last edited by greatone_12 at Mar 1, 2009,
Page 1 of 2