Of Fawn and Lamb

The song is about a man who is trapped in a desolate, icy, environment and in the course of his stay he begins to come to realizations about things in his life and in the world around him. He also begins to get a bit crazy without any food or sleep. He makes plans of escape but never does. I tried to keep a catchy melody througout the song while also introducing a bit of experimental work (you'll see what I mean.) to make this song really have no single genre. I think the abstract beat and vocals in certain places really illustrate the mans mindset and situation that he's in as he cries out to the skies; "Home." Also, there is some static that I recorded (yes, I record static) and put in various parts because I think somewhere I heard that radio equipment in very cold areas gain a bit of static to their transmissions (I don't really know if that's true.)

I'm also not much of a singer so I tried to do my best :P Enjoy!
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Mar 2, 2009,
i like the main guitar riff, its not bad. but it kind of overpowers the vocals. you sound like you wanna tell a story, and it's kind of hard to hear the vocals. the distorted guitar isn't bad in the chorus. but you could make it a little more "in your face". that's probably a mix issue though. i like that little lead riff. the like do-doo-do-do? haha can't translate that to words too well. the quiet part was a nice change of pace. i think you could do a little bit with that to build up to that last chorus if you wanted. the lead guitar work is good too. it's subtle, but it definitely helps. i can tell you are influenced by death cab, this definitely sounds like something they would do. i didn't really get the feeling of like being trapped in an icy place, but that's ok. it's too catchy, and poppy for that, not that that is a bad thing.

c4c? my music's in my sig and profile.
Thanks! Yeah, I'll have to work on the mixing a bit. DFCF wasn't actually my band of choice that inspired me but, I do really like them and maybe I unconsciously DID take some influences from them. Anyways, I'll crit one of yours tomorrow, it's late.

Thanks again!
Portugal. The Man »–
Yeah it sounds like Death Cab mixed with Bloc Party to me, both great bands though and you have your own style in there which is the most important. I really liked it, you just need to work on the mix like you already know and then your pretty much set. The vocals were good, really suit the style of music. Overall, really good song!

If you get the time: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078036
Thanks Jon. You're right about Bloc Party, I hear that too. Sorry guys, I got really busy today with students and whatnot, I'll get to both of yours tomorrow (hopefully.)
Portugal. The Man »–